OMRON Forums

Intermittent phase clock error

jwkuehne

Sometimes when I power up my 4-Axis Geobrick I can't servo any motors, and I get the error message

"Attempt to perform phase reference during move, move during phase reference, or enabling with phase clock error."

This happens every now and then. My motors are induction motors. Power cycling usually fixes it. What's going on?

-John

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please check the following:

1. Make sure the 24V and GND are supplied to Abort input on X15, pins 1 and 2.

2. Check Global Status from View menu in PEWIN32PRO2 software. If you do have a phase clock error, this is the cause of the problem. Although you have a 4 axis Geo Brick, if you have encoders 5~8 option or if you have any of the options which require auxiliary input board in your configuration, an incorrect setup of the additional DSPGates can generate this problem. Here is how to fix it:

a. Find out how many DSPGate1(s) you have in your system: check I4900 value. Each bit represent a single DSPGate1 at its address, (if bit 0 is high, it means you have a DSPGate1 at address 0).

b. Find out how many DSPGate2(s) you have in your system: check I4902 value. Each bit represent a single DSPGate2 at its address, (if bit 0 is high, it means you have a DSPGate2 at address 0).

c. Check the following conditions for existing gates:

C1. I7000 (DSPGate1 address 0), I7100 (DSPGate1 address 1) and I6800 (DSPGate2 address 0) should all be the same value. If not set everything equal to I7000 value.

C2. I7001 (DSPGate1 address 0), I7101 (DSPGate1 address 1) and I6801 (DSPGate2 address 0) should all be the same value. If not set everything equal to I7001 value.

C3. I7002 (DSPGate1 address 0), I7102 (DSPGate1 address 1) and I6802 (DSPGate2 address 0) should all be the same value. If not set everything equal to I7002 value.

C4. I7007 (DSPGate1 address 0) should be equal to 0. I7107 (DSPGate1 address 1) and I6807 (DSPGate2 address 0) should be equal to 3. This will ensure only one DSPGate is generating the Phase and Servo clocks.