OMRON Forums

setting Gate3[i].Chan[j].AtanEna to 1

laaguirre

I've beebn looking around for a way to enable the IC to perform arctangent calculations on the ACC24E3 (with sine feedback). The IDEs Set Variables tab only shows other boards like the ACC24E2A(and associated Gate1 variables). Thank you very much, Luis A. Aguirre 512-984-5233

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the manuals section of the Power PMAC forum you will find the preliminary ACC24E3 manual. It explains how to make the setting and how to get the Sine/Cosine feedback going. Remember to proerly set the write protect structure. Right now the IDE does not do much with the Gate3 boards as the programmers just got them to test with and could not release features without testing. It is coming soon. In the meantime, in the terminal once you enter Gate3[0]. the intellisense will start working, it just does not show the Gate3. The Setup Variables screen will do nothing for Gate3 at the moment. I am not sure of the editor's state. I suggest you contact Atul Govande at Delta Tau to find out when it will be ready. As I am in Korea at the moment I can not do this for you without a big time delay.

I did try to use the terminal but it gives the following error: > Gate3[0].Chan[1].Atan < Gate3[0].Chan[1].Atan=6382 ; works OK > Gate3[0].Chan[1].AtanEna < Gate3[0].Chan[1].Atan=6387 ; wrong answer < stdin:9:22: error #20: ILLEGAL CMD: Gate3[0].Chan[1].AtanEna Can I write the values directly to the database somewhere inside linux? Thanks, Luis [quote='brad' pid='169' dateline='1242899462'] In the manuals section of the Power PMAC forum you will find the preliminary ACC24E3 manual. It explains how to make the setting and how to get the Sine/Cosine feedback going. Remember to proerly set the write protect structure. Right now the IDE does not do much with the Gate3 boards as the programmers just got them to test with and could not release features without testing. It is coming soon. In the meantime, in the terminal once you enter Gate3[0]. the intellisense will start working, it just does not show the Gate3. The Setup Variables screen will do nothing for Gate3 at the moment. I am not sure of the editor's state. I suggest you contact Atul Govande at Delta Tau to find out when it will be ready. As I am in Korea at the moment I can not do this for you without a big time delay. [/quote]

[quote='laaguirre' pid='171' dateline='1242918763'] I did try to use the terminal but it gives the following error: > Gate3[0].Chan[1].Atan < Gate3[0].Chan[1].Atan=6382 ; works OK > Gate3[0].Chan[1].AtanEna < Gate3[0].Chan[1].Atan=6387 ; wrong answer < stdin:9:22: error #20: ILLEGAL CMD: Gate3[0].Chan[1].AtanEna Can I write the values directly to the database somewhere inside linux? Thanks, Luis [quote='brad' pid='169' dateline='1242899462'] In the manuals section of the Power PMAC forum you will find the preliminary ACC24E3 manual. It explains how to make the setting and how to get the Sine/Cosine feedback going. Remember to proerly set the write protect structure. Right now the IDE does not do much with the Gate3 boards as the programmers just got them to test with and could not release features without testing. It is coming soon. In the meantime, in the terminal once you enter Gate3[0]. the intellisense will start working, it just does not show the Gate3. The Setup Variables screen will do nothing for Gate3 at the moment. I am not sure of the editor's state. I suggest you contact Atul Govande at Delta Tau to find out when it will be ready. As I am in Korea at the moment I can not do this for you without a big time delay. [/quote] [/quote] I mentioned this in my note above and thought it was in the manual for ACC24E3. I do not see it in the manual and I see no remark from you saying you turned off the write protect before trying to write to the gate. Anyway, I think this is your problem, sorry for the mixup. To change gate3 settings make sure you turn off the write protection sys.wpkey=$aaaaaaaa Then you can change its settings If you want to reprotect then put it back to $55555555 Brad

• 1 month later...