OMRON Forums

ComLib Demo speed?

JeffLowe

I have built the VB com lib demos and am using the Unsolicited Event widget to get an idea of the speed that we can expect from the sends and getsends interface. The VB demo takes around eight seconds from Send Command till a response comes back. The response drops characters, and I see the occasional message "Can not receive response from the device. Operation has timed out". Is this typical of this interface, and is there any way to improve the speed and reliability?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsolicited Event is an Async Event. To launch the application user must specify which port to listen to. User can specify any or all of the available ports (0 thru 4).

Once the applications is running, Power PMAC Firmware will scan the connected ports every millisecond and send messages to the user immediately. There is no delay at this point.

PowerPMACIDE can be used as benchmark test for reliability and speed of these messages.

Unsolicited Event is an Async Event. To launch the application user must specify which port to listen to. User can specify any or all of the available ports (0 thru 4).

Once the applications is running, Power PMAC Firmware will scan the connected ports every millisecond and send messages to the user immediately. There is no delay at this point.

PowerPMACIDE can be used as benchmark test for reliability and speed of these messages.

Yes, the On/Off switch is in the ON position.

Since my goal is to use the communications library purchased from Delta Tau to facilitate communications between the PPMAC and Windows I am using the _Delta Tau_ supplied demo source code for test. Test system: 3.0 GHz Quad Core with 4G memory, Windows7, 1 GHz PPMAC, gigibit ethernet. Nothing else running, no break points, 8-10 seconds to get a response from the pressing of [send Command]. Is this normal, and if not what must I do to fix the _Delta Tau_ Supplied application?