OMRON Forums

Viewing variables in a PLC

dennisg

I have managed to load a PLC into the debugger, set a breakpoint, then execute the PLC and stop on the breakpoint.

I am trying to figure out how I can actually view the values in various variables such as either of these:

Gather.Addr[3] = Motor[3].ActPos.a;

is this something I can do with the Visual Studio debugger ?

TIA.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To view the values of any PMAC variable, either in debug or regular mode, you should add those variables in a watch window. After you start the debug session, open a watch window and add those variables to the watch window to see their values. When you exit the debug session the watch window will be closed along the debug session, and when you restart the debug session, the same watch window will reopen.

Dro

I have managed to load a PLC into the debugger, set a breakpoint, then execute the PLC and stop on the breakpoint.

I am trying to figure out how I can actually view the values in various variables such as either of these:

TIA.

I have tried that. The watch window opens at the bottom, but when I click on it all I see is a cyan colored bar appear, and it will not allow me to enter anything.

To view the values of any PMAC variable, either in debug or regular mode, you should add those variables in a watch window. After you start the debug session, open a watch window and add those variables to the watch window to see their values. When you exit the debug session the watch window will be closed along the debug session, and when you restart the debug session, the same watch window will reopen.

Dro

TIA.