OMRON Forums

Activating CS after project download

wehg

I'm trying to activate coordinate system #1 following a project download, after axis definitions have been made, using either cmd"&1" or Ldata.coord=1 from a script PLC. When I query the active coordinate system from the IDE terminal with either & or Ldata.coord, it always initially returns whatever the last selected CS was prior to downloading the project. I even tried forcing with Ldata.coord=1 from a continuously running plc, and it still never changes. If I issue a &1 or Ldata.coord=1 command manually from the IDE terminal, then it shows the active change when queried. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Wehg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each communications thread, each coordinate system (for motion programs), and each PLC program has its own addressed coordinate system (and motor). Changing the addressed coordinate system from inside a program will not change the addressed coordinate system for a communications thread (e.g. the IDE terminal window). It will change it for that program, and therefore for coordinate system direct commands issued from within the program (which is what you want, I think).

To check this out, you could have something like the following program commands:

Ldata.Coord = 1;

P1 = Ldata.Coord;

abort;

This will let you monitor the global variable P1 to see what coordinate system the program is addressing.

Selected coordinate system or any other modal selection (addressed motor, coordinate system, echo setting, ...) unlike Turbo and Non-Turbo PMAC, is independent for each of the communication channels (GPASCII). Each of the IDE components have their own GPASCII session with Power PMAC and changing a modal setting on one will not affect the other sessions.

Based upon this, what you're explaining makes sense. The terminal keeps the last called coordinate system even if the project download calls for another coordinate system, which will only affect the GPASCII session in which project is being downloaded. When you change the Ldata.Coord value in a PLC, it changes the coordinate system addressed by that PLC and nothing else.

Ah, ok, understood, thanks.

Selected coordinate system or any other modal selection (addressed motor, coordinate system, echo setting, ...) unlike Turbo and Non-Turbo PMAC, is independent for each of the communication channels (GPASCII). Each of the IDE components have their own GPASCII session with Power PMAC and changing a modal setting on one will not affect the other sessions.

Based upon this, what you're explaining makes sense. The terminal keeps the last called coordinate system even if the project download calls for another coordinate system, which will only affect the GPASCII session in which project is being downloaded. When you change the Ldata.Coord value in a PLC, it changes the coordinate system addressed by that PLC and nothing else.