OMRON Forums

How to use PowerPMACIP folder?

dzrong

Hello Sina,

I want to use the PowerPmacIP folder,and i made the interfaces file(no expand name) in it,and copy the folder in my SD card,and plug it in the PPMAC,and recycle it,but i found that PPmac don't use the configuration in the file,the IP address is 192.168.0.200 still.The contant of the interfaces file is:

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static

address 192.168.0.202

netmask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

auto eth0

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth1 inet static

address 192.168.0.201

netmask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

auto eth1

So can you tell me how can i make it works? And if possble, i want to make the second ethernet port work also.My PPmac firmwear is 1.3.0.0.

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the steps in order to use PowerPmacIP folder to detect/change the Power PMAC IP address:

1. Connect the USB memory stick/ SD Card to your PC (Any OS which can work with FAT32 partition)

2. Create a folder named PowerPmacIP on the USB memory stick/SD Card root folder.

3. Safely remove the USB memory stick/SD Card from the PC.

4. Plug the USB memory stick/SD Card to Power PMAC's USB port.

5. If Power PMAC is off, the power up the device. If Power PMAC is on, power cycle on the controller.

6. After the boot sequence is completed, the following files will be generated under your PowerPMACIP folder:

6.1. boot.log

6.2. interfaces

The interfaces file includes all the network settings for the Power PMAC CPU including the IP address.

If user desires to change the Power PMAC network settings, it is recommended to follow these steps:

7. Modify the interfaces file created by Power PMAC under PowerPmacIP folder, by connecting the USB memory stick/SD Card on PC and using any text editor which supports simple ASCII text.

interfaces Setup Example:

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static
address 10.34.9.232
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.34.9.254

iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.0.232
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.232

auto eth0
auto eth1

8. Safely remove the USB memory stick/SD Card from the PC.

9. Plug the USB memory stick/SD Card to Power PMAC's USB port.

10. If Power PMAC is off, the power up the device. If Power PMAC is on, power cycle on the controller.

11. After the boot sequence is completed, Power PMAC is updated with the new interfaces network settings.