OMRON Forums

Does PMAC NC support DNC mode?

dzrong

Hello,

As far as i know,PMAC NC supports MDI\MANUAL\AUTO mode,but if my program is too big to download to PMAC once,i think i need the DNC mode,so does PMAC NC support DNC mode? Or how can i make it work?

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

As far as i know,PMAC NC supports MDI\MANUAL\AUTO mode,but if my program is too big to download to PMAC once,i think i need the DNC mode,so does PMAC NC supports DNC mode? Or how can i make it work?

Thanks

With 2G of ram the Turbo PMAC NC can support programs up to 600-700 MB long. For larger programs they can be broken down into ~600 MB chunks and called as subprograms. As long as you are running G103 P0 and the programs are stored on a local hard disk the interpolation should be continuous through the calls. We use this technique to run 4-5GB surfaces at 1000 blocks/sec.

OK,1000 blocks/sec,that's great!

But what kind of communication can do so fast? Is't USB? Does Ethernet Can do so fast? And what's about PCI or ISA,how much blocks they can reach? I mean if i had make the feedrate at 400% or more higher.

Thanks

OK,1000 blocks/sec,that's great!

But what kind of communication can do so fast? Is't USB? Does Ethernet Can do so fast? And what's about PCI or ISA,how much blocks they can reach? I mean if i had make the feedrate at 400% or more higher.

Thanks

The USB typically max throughput is 600-800 blocks per sec. For high block throughput PCI is best. You can get higher than 1000 blocks per sec but you may have to play with clock settings to go faster than that. DNC should not be required if buffers are setup correctly. The program would have to be bigger than you PC hard drive for this to be an issue. I have customers running programs over 100MB, but searching for mid program starts can be painful do to search speed. Careful with parametrics when using large programs also.