OMRON Forums

Decreasing a pause between two DWELL0 moves

corto

Hi,

Can someone indicate what sets of variables I should check and change in order to decrease a pause that appears between two DWELL0 moves.

With Look-ahead turned off a next move starts after roughly 250 ms, which I want to decrease to least possible.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are there 2 DWELL0's? How are you determining that the move is starting? If you have any TS time(s-curve accel/decel) of significance, then it may appear that the move start is delayed.

Are you able to plot commanded move and see what is happening? Can you post a section of your code?

Hi,

Can someone indicate what sets of variables I should check and change in order to decrease a pause that appears between two DWELL0 moves.

With Look-ahead turned off a next move starts after roughly 250 ms, which I want to decrease to least possible.

Thanks in advance

Also check Ixx28 and Ixx88 for all motors in the CS.

I11 is the delay after DWELLs. Check that this is not too large. calculation time delay is used after any break in the continuous motion of a motion program: a DWELL, a PSET, a WAIT, or each move if Ix92=1. This can be set to zero. Also note that if PMAC has a large calculation burden this will increase the time to start.

Thanks for the help,

As I was suspicious about Isx87 variable, it turns out to be that it was set to 500, therefore, that's why I saw this 250ms at the beginning and end of each commanded move. I decreased this to 1ms, now it is just as I wanted to be!