OMRON Forums

MoveMode

BoneSkier

1. How can I tell if I am in RAPID, LINEAR, CIRCLE1, or CIRCLE2 for move mode? Coord[n].MoveMode seems to tell only part of the story.

2. How can I tell if I am using "normal k-1", "normal j-1", or "normal i-1"?

3. How can I tell if cutter comp is "CC1" (right), "CC2" (left), or "CC0" (off)?

To find the move mode, first look at Coord[x].MoveMode. A value of 3 indicates RAPID mode, a value of 0 indicates one of the "blended" modes: LINEAR, CIRCLE1, CIRCLE2.

Coord[x].Omega0[0] equals 0.0 for LINEAR mode moves (including CIRCLE mode moves with no IJK vector or R, which execute as LINEAR). Bit 4 of Coord[n].Cdata is 0 for CIRCLE1 and 1 for CIRCLE2.

All of these are for the most recently calculated move, which could be one or more moves ahead of the executing move.

For those users running RS-274 "G-code" programs, most who want this type of status information will embed it in their G-code subroutines. This provides the maximum flexibility to tailor the status information to the particular application needs. You can, for example, use a "synchronous assignment" so the status value will reflect the presently executing move. For example:

N0: rapid; // G00

MyCalcMoveMode = 0; // Set at move calculation time

MyExecMoveMode == 0; // Set at move execution time

return;

N1000: linear; // G01

MyCalcMoveMode = 1; // Set at move calculation time

MyExecMoveMode == 1; // Set at move execution time

return;

N2000: circle1; // G02

MyCalcMoveMode = 2; // Set at move calculation time

MyExecMoveMode == 2; // Set at move execution time

return;

N3000: circle2; // G03

MyCalcMoveMode = 3; // Set at move calculation time

MyExecMoveMode == 3; // Set at move execution time

return;

This is useful for other reasons, as for the increasing number of users who implement G00 as a "fast linear" mode to get features such as a straight-line path with kinematics in a non-Cartesian system.

To find out your present normal vector, you can look at Coord[x].Normal. Normal[0] is the I-component, Normal[1] is the J, and Normal[2] is the K. As with move mode, many G-code users will set their own status variable in the G17, G18, and G19 subroutines.

To find your present cutter comp mode, you can look at Coord[x].CCMode. It is 0 for CC0, 1 for CC1, and 2 for CC2. Once again, a user status variable can be set in the G40, G41, and G42 subroutines.

• Like 1