OMRON Forums

Gpascii input/output error

dzrong

This error happenned when i used the PPmac after about one hour,when i click the "Motor1" PPmac Plot tells me "-bash:/usr/bin/gaascii:Input/output error root@192.168.0.200:/opt/ppmac#"

gpascii input output error.bmp

And then no new communication can be established,include telnet and windows in IDE,but the established communication windows like terminal and watch can talk to PPmac still.

My IDE version is 1.4.0.62

Firmware version is 1.3.0.0

Kernel version is 2.6.30.3

Because my project can not wrok on the last firmware so i have to use the old one 1.3.0.0.

What is the reason maybe?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's happenned again! The IDE can't talk to PPmac.

IDE failed.bmp

But the telnet is fine because i have openned it at the beginning.

And someone tells me check TOP command.

M command:

TOP-M.bmp

P command:

TOP-P.bmp

It seems no too much Gpascii application there,and Sys.WDTFault = 0. And i'm sure there is no C application talking to PPmac using telnet,only using share memory.

How to use the serial port to check something had happenned in PPmac or Linux?

What to do next?

Thanks

Gpascii comman not work in linux this time.

gpascii in linux not work.bmp

Notice that: this window was been openned at beginning(everythins is fine at that time),no new telnet window can be openned this time.

And i'm sure this problem have a relationship with the time. Every time i power on the PPmac,about after one and half hour,this problem will be found.

OK, It all looks fine to me. I would say you need to upgrade to the newest firmware and IDE and see if something changes. It looks like this is an older version and that you will need to look at how the new version does the include files in usercode.h and capp.h to make the conversion.

Alternatively you could simplify the system. Remove the usercode and see if the problem still happens. If so remove a different part, and so on until there is nothing to remove or you find which part causes the problem.

OK, It all looks fine to me. I would say you need to upgrade to the newest firmware and IDE and see if something changes. It looks like this is an older version and that you will need to look at how the new version does the include files in usercode.h and capp.h to make the conversion.

Alternatively you could simplify the system. Remove the usercode and see if the problem still happens. If so remove a different part, and so on until there is nothing to remove or you find which part causes the problem.

How to use the serial port to check some errors had happenned in the PPmac or Linux? Maybe i can find something new!

Both type of combination,but same answer even if there is no project in PPmac CPU.

1.bmp

Combination 1:

IDE version is 1.4.0.62

Firmware version is 1.3.0.0

Combination 2:

IDE version is 1.4.0.62

Firmware version is 1.4.0.27

Any reply would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Then I would really upgrade the firmware. What version do you have now? Look at this thread as it is an easy way to upgrade http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=572&highlight=powerpmacip

To use the serial port just connect the standard serial cable. Set the baudrate to 115200. Login is same as telnet. Different computers act differently, I need to set flow control to none on my Win7 64-bit machine, on XP I used Xon Xoff.

It seems that the problem has a relationship with the hardware of PPmac CPU.

The following three Combination works well:

PPmac CPU(FAB NO:604020-557;firmware:1.3.0.0;Kernel:2.6.30.3) +ACC24E3 +ACC11E

PPmac CPU(FAB NO:604020-557;firmware:1.3.0.0;Kernel:2.6.30.3) +ACC24E2A X 3 +65E +66E +67E X 2 + 36E +84E

PPmac CPU(FAB NO:604020-553;firmware:1.3.0.0;Kernel:2.6.30.3) +ACC24E3 +ACC11E

But Only this one has the problem:

PPmac CPU(FAB NO:604020-553;firmware:1.3.0.0;Kernel:2.6.30.3) +ACC24E2A X 3 +65E +66E +67E X 2 + 36E +84E

So the main differece will be the FAB NO,604020-557 AND 604020-553.

So i backup all the files of PPmac CPU(FAB NO:604020-557) including Linux files by IDE(the size of the backup file is about 956MB),and want to restore them to the PPmac CPU(FAB NO:604020-553),but some error happenned when restoring,and i'm trying now!

It seems that i didn't have updated the whole file system of PPmac CPU successfully.

The problem still be there.

So how can i make the file system of PPmac CPU(FAB NO:604020-553) as same as PPmac CPU(FAB NO:604020-557)?

Thanks!