OMRON Forums

ACC-59E DAC output does not change

mjunker

I have an ACC-59E in a UMAC turbo crate that only seems to output -10V between DAC+ and ground for all output channels. The ADC inputs are working fine but I cannot change the output voltage. Everything is configured according to the example in the manual.

M6001->Y:$78C08,0,12 ; DAC Channel #1

M6002->Y:$78C09,0,12 ; DAC Channel #2

M6003->Y:$78C0A,0,12 ; DAC Channel #3

M6004->Y:$78C0B,0,12 ; DAC Channel #4

M6005->Y:$78C08,12,12 ; DAC Channel #5

M6006->Y:$78C09,12,12 ; DAC Channel #6

M6007->Y:$78C0A,12,12 ; DAC Channel #7

M6008->Y:$78C0B,12,12 ; DAC Channel #8

Setting M6001=xxxx, where xxxx is a positive integer, does not alter the output of the card. Any hints?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Verify Jumper E1 set to pins 1-2 (unless this is a really old board, see manual)

Verify J3 for your usage (either way should not impede functioning)

For your address selection, SW-1:1..6 should all be ON

Be sure the addressing does not conflict with other I/O boards - perhaps pull other boards and check with only the 59E installed.

From your addresses, I assume this is not a MACRO application?

Have you tried using the DAC's with I5060=0? (affects ADC's not DAC's, so this shouldn't matter, but....)

Verify Jumper E1 set to pins 1-2 (unless this is a really old board, see manual)

Verify J3 for your usage (either way should not impede functioning)

For your address selection, SW-1:1..6 should all be ON

Be sure the addressing does not conflict with other I/O boards - perhaps pull other boards and check with only the 59E installed.

From your addresses, I assume this is not a MACRO application?

Have you tried using the DAC's with I5060=0? (affects ADC's not DAC's, so this shouldn't matter, but....)

Brian, I have tried several values from 0 to 4000 and nothing changes the output of the DAC.

I have double checked and E1 is set to 1-2 as well as J3. SW-1 are all closed (on).

I removed the only other board in the crate, ACC-24E2A, and there is still no change in output voltages.

I would reccommend you call in and discuss over the phone with DT tech support to determine if you have a problem with the board.

You can also use the UMAC ConfigPro2 software to see if the board is found in the system and confirm it is found at the expected address. You can run this seperately or from the TOOLS menu in PWin.