OMRON Forums

Dynamic coordinate system

corto

Dear all,

I am trying to setup a dynamic coordinate system, which is able to make a compensation for moves due to external factors such as misplacing of the device on the ground.

What I tried is to do something like this:

#1-> X + P1000

#2-> Y + P1001

,where P1000 should be an offset for motor 1, and P1001 is an offset for motor 2.

I am getting error when I try to make a coordinate system in above described procedure.

What is the best way to make actually "dynamic" offset for motors. I prefer to do it by changing the coordinate system, and avoiding adding offsets directly to each move I want to perform with predefined motion programs.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can use Kinematics to do dynamically changing axis definitions. Please refer to pages 259 and following of the Turbo PMAC User Manual.

If you want a simpler solution, however, you can use PSET. From page 439 of the Turbo PMAC User Manual:

pset.png.ad3e8768db43656af83fe20115ce94bb.png

Or, you could manually write to Mxx64 (Motor #xx Position bias (1/[ixx08*32] cts)) and then issue a PMATCH command (from page 365 of the Turbo PMAC User Manual:

pmatch.png.908b6a56a77066935bb75e2e758e4075.png

Dear all,

I am trying to setup a dynamic coordinate system, which is able to make a compensation for moves due to external factors such as misplacing of the device on the ground.

What I tried is to do something like this:

#1-> X + P1000

#2-> Y + P1001

,where P1000 should be an offset for motor 1, and P1001 is an offset for motor 2.

I am getting error when I try to make a coordinate system in above described procedure.

What is the best way to make actually "dynamic" offset for motors. I prefer to do it by changing the coordinate system, and avoiding adding offsets directly to each move I want to perform with predefined motion programs.

Thank you in advance.

corto,

Please read the section called "Axis Transformation Matrices" in Turbo PMAC Users Manual.