OMRON Forums

Using the SYSTEM command to run a program

BoneSkier

How can you start a MONO application running using the SYSTEM command. I have tried to do something like this from the IDE terminal window which is nearly verbatim to the example given in the Power PMAC help on the "SYSTEM" command:

system "/var/ftp/usrflash/Project/C\ Language/Background\ Programs/mono MotionMonitor.exe -L1"

It says "no such file or directory".

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, my program is MotionMonitor.exe with a command line argument of "-L1". This is a VB.NET program that I am wanting to run on the Power PMAC. I also don't want the SYSTEM command to wait for my command to complete. The "mono" part is used to tell LINUX to run my VB.NET program using MONO.

BoneSkier,

Assume your .NET executable file is located in:

/var/ftp/gather/testapp.exe

You have to use the system command in following syntax:

system "mono /var/ftp/gather/testapp.exe"

This way you're telling the mono application to execute the testapp.exe with proper path.

OK --- that is probably closer to the solution, but it still doesn't work from the IDE terminal:

My program is MotionManager.exe

It is located in this directory: /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/C Language/Background Programs

So, I tried this, but still got no such file or directory:

system "mono /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/C\ Language/Background\ Programs/MotionManager.exe -L1"

I was also able to successfully run this program from the /var directory with the following command at the command line in a TELNET session:

mono /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/C\ Language/Background\ Programs/MotionManager.exe -L1

So, now that it runs, how do I get the SYSTEM command to return while my MotionManager program continues to run. Right now if I issue the command using GetResponse, I get a status of "2", which is Timeout. So, right now GetResponse must be waiting for the "system" command to return.

• 1 month later...