OMRON Forums

current (C)PLC #

ibisjoe

are there variables available to tell me WHICH CPLC or Script PLC I am when I am executing? I see everyone just using constants but it would seem that the system KNOWS which CPLC or Script PLC is executing so can I just obtain that information (I have axis CPLCs coded in a subroutine and to check the 'bgcplc[n]' flags you need to have that information).

- Joe

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest way (as far as I know) is to just put a global flag inside your CPLC to go high when the CPLC is running.

I.e. you can define a global in your "global definitions.pmh" file as, for example:

global CPLC1_Running, CPLC2_Running;

and then in your CPLC you can just set

pshm->P[CPLC1_Running]=1;

when the CPLC starts, and set it to zero right before the CPLC ends, and so on.

no...I want to know the INDEX to use for manipulating the 'pshm->UserAlgo.BgCplc[iNDEX]' variables, etc. and similar for the Script PLCs.

- Joe

The easiest way (as far as I know) is to just put a global flag inside your CPLC to go high when the CPLC is running.

I.e. you can define a global in your "global definitions.pmh" file as, for example:

global CPLC1_Running, CPLC2_Running;

and then in your CPLC you can just set

pshm->P[CPLC1_Running]=1;

when the CPLC starts, and set it to zero right before the CPLC ends, and so on.

I would be interested to know if there is a simple system variable for this too. Currently I use the following define at the top of the file which isn't too bad

#define THIS_PLCC 3

and then use

SetPmacVar((char *)"UserAlgo.BgCplc[THIS_PLCC]", 0);

to self-disable.

Also I think you should know I had various crashes after manipulating pshm->UserAlgo.BgCplc[iNDEX] in C code (reading is OK) and was told to use the above syntax (see post http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=604&pid=2128&mode=threaded for a good discussion on this and other CPLC flow control issues.

If you really need a generic method, a messy option for CPLCs (I guess not PLCs) may be to parse the __FILE__ macro which gives "bdccplc03.c" etc on my system, assuming you haven't renamed the file...?

Dave

The index is just the PLC or CPLC number.

e.g. bgcplc01 in your IDE's Solution Manager corresponds to pshm->UserAlgo.BgCplc[1]

So, you could just put at the top of your bgcplc01.c (for example) file:

#define THIS_CPLC 1

as the previous poster suggested. Then, to deactivate your CPLC, in your code below, you could do something like this:

char buffer[64]="";
sprintf(buffer,"UserAlgo.BgCplc[%d]",THIS_CPLC);
SetPmacVar(buffer,0);

Oops, my Friday brain wrote that second line of code which doesn't actually do anything. In reality I have a global utilities h file with amongst other things

void DoPLCC(int PLCC, int Value)
{
char buffer[25];

sprintf(buffer, "UserAlgo.BgCplc[%d]", PLCC);
SetPmacVar(buffer, Value);
}

void DisablePLCC(int PLCC) {DoPLCC(PLCC, 0);}
void EnablePLCC(int PLCC) {DoPLCC(PLCC, 1);}

So I can just call

DisablePLCC(THISPLCC);