OMRON Forums

Reading data from an SD card

bradp

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case 1. -------- You have a PowerPMAC without Video option the usbmount package is present. This is will usually mount a FAT32 formatted card in the media folder. 1.) Check the folders /media/disk, /media/disk-1 or /media/disk-2 for the files on your SD card. Case 2. -------- If you have a PowerPMAC with the Video option automounting is handled automatically by the nautilus application in the gnome interface. You MUST login to the gnome interface Window manager for this to be in effect. nautilus will automatically mount the SD or USB stick in the /media/disk ... folder. Method 3 ---------- Manually mount the SD or USB stick for that matter somewhere. For example mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt or mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /mnt will map the SD card or USB stick to the /mnt folder [quote='wfsteele' pid='1974' dateline='1308787581'] How do I mount an SD card? I found this post from 2009, but it doesn't work. Neither /dev/sdb1 nor /media/sd exist. [/quote]

Thank you hbausley, but as wfsteele, on my old Power PMAC (without video option) i have no folder begining with disk under /media. And, in order to manualy mont my SD card, under /dev, i don't have /sdb1 or /sdc1 but only sda, sda1, sda2, sdb, shm What can i do ?

I verified Brad and Henry's posts with my PPMAC and it worked fine. The following command works from Telnet/SSH/serial: mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/ Can you post the results of the following command: ls /dev/sd* I believe this will tell if your kernel is properly recognizing the storage devices. I get the following on my machine: ls /dev/sd* /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1 Depending on how you want to use the SD card you will want to mount it at startup through a script or mtab/fstab, or just when you need to access it. We are planning on using the SD card for logging and as such will probably always have it plugged in and mounted at bootup. KEJR

• 3 years later...
Reading various threads suggests that auto mounting of SD and USB flash memory only works on non-HDMI capable systems. If this is the case, can I disable the HDMI software functionality to make an HDMI capable system behave like a non-HDMI board? Regards - Mat Hubbard