OMRON Forums

Copley MACRO drives

Guest DavisG

I've been working with three different customers using Copley macro drives over the last 7 days. All were experiencing problems with other devices in the ring - in two cases those devices were Sigma V drives, in one case ACC-65Ms. The currently shipping Copley firmware is spitting garbage out onto the ring. They need to contact Copley and get the LATEST firmware - not the released firmware. You can get them temporarily past this problem by raising the number of errors allowed (make it something like 1/2 of the ring check period) and lowering the number of sync packets required (make it something like 1/3 of the ring check period). Remember that you have to do it for ALL devices on the ring.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know which versions of their firmware, and what drives (Accelnet or Xenus?). I am using a newer firmware than what shipped with our drives and haven't experienced any problems, but I am by no means a macro expert. We only have Copley drives on the ring.

Do you know which versions of their firmware, and what drives (Accelnet or Xenus?). I am using a newer firmware than what shipped with our drives and haven't experienced any problems, but I am by no means a macro expert. We only have Copley drives on the ring.

Ken -

If the ring has only Copley drives things seem to work pretty well. The problems are more with respect to errors showing up on other devices on the ring. The firmware revs are:

AMP 3.18

XML 1.26

Davis