OMRON Forums

IDE controls will not connect, but TELNET is fine

BoneSkier

I am just logging this to see if it ever occurs for anyone else. Somehow I got in a state where the IDE terminal, watch window, compiler would not connect. At the same time, however, I could connect with TELNET from a "Windows Command Prompt", and I was able to successfully login from there. When I tried the Compile/Download, it said it could not connect to GPASCII.

To get out of this condition, I had to reboot the Power PMAC (POWER OFF). I would have tried "$$$", but I had no terminal to use.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just happened again.

I tried doing a $$$ reset from the terminal, but it came back with "PowerPMAC reset failed".

At this point, my Terminal window from the IDE works fine, but I don't seem to be able to connect with Watch window, Motor Status window, etc.

I can also TELNET into the Power PMAC just fine. But, GPASCII does not seem to work properly from the command line. I can type commands or queries, but I get no responses, and the commands don't seem to do anything.

I have saved it in the broken state for you if you want to look at it this time. I do compile Background C programs, but otherwise it is just PLC programs that would be running (which also don't seem to be doing anything). I am also now running a MONO program, compiled with Visual Studio.

You might try hooking a serial cable up - sometimes low level faults from C code do not get back up to the IDE, but they are echoed out the serial port.

Sina looked at this with me. We found that the Soft Watchdog had errored (Sys.WDTFault=1).

Suspect that something in my CPLC could have caused this.

Did "reboot" from terminal to reboot LINUX. Everything came up normally.

again - watch the serial port - you might get info on exactly what is causing it.

• 2 months later...

I found using the linux 'ifdown Eth1' and then 'ifup eth1' from a putty window I have connected to the serial port keeps me from having to reboot the system.

why was ifdown and ifup included in the first place.

my guess to the root cause could be an incompatibility of the ethernet lower level stack between the deltatau and your local network? I wish there was a error code or something that would be sent to the console if an interal ethernet error was detected...

• 1 year later...
Also bear in mind that the PPMAC IDE requires a specific prompt string ($PS1) format *and* being at a specific directory (/opt/ppmac) at the conclusion of root's login script. Tampering with either of those and the IDE won't be able to connect, and will opine that you have the wrong password.