OMRON Forums

A/D converter wiring - Required HELP

Raghav

Dear All,

I'm using a sensor which provides me an analog voltage of -10 to +10V. I have a 16 Input A/D converter with D-sub pin configuration. From the PIN configuration I could see there are 2 GND (1 +GND & 1 -GND). But my sensor output has only two terminal output. So in which terminal should I connect my sensor output if I use the Input 1 of the A/D converter. Also let me know how should I read the value from the card in my GUI (using which M-variable). Let me know if there are any examples provided.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Which A/D converter product do you have? Is this a Delta Tau product? If it's ACC-28E, you can get the manual here.

2. What "two terminal output" are you talking about? Voltage out and ground? If so, read pages 21 and following of the manual, which describe the pinout.

3. You can assign any M-Variables you want. The manual gives memory mappings on page 12.

Please try to be more specific next time you post, always stating what Delta Tau product you are using, and any other information we might need in order to answer your question.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mr.Charles,

Sorry about not being clear in my post. I have ACC-36E 12 bit 16 channel A/D card.

The +ve & -ve Voltage (Bi polar) and GND connection provided in the pin configuration is bit difficult for me to understand because my sensor output has only 2 terminals Voltage out & GND. So how should I go about with the connection?

If i need to connect this A/D card in my existing UMAC with Turbo PMAC card, what should my DIP switch configuration should be. Now in my card PIN 1 is OFF and rest of the PIN are ON.

Hope my question is clear this time. Kindly let me know if I need to provide more details

If your sensor only has "Voltage Out" and GND, follow the "single-ended" type of wiring for the ACC-36E's ADC inputs. For example, on page 62 of the ACC-36E manual, the J1 connector shows pins ADC1+, ADC1- and GND. You should connect your sensor's Voltage Out pin to ADC1+, then connect your sensor's GND pin to J1's GND pin, and then connect ADC1- to GND also. For single-ended wiring schemes, you should always connect ADC- to GND.

The DIP switch setting is entirely up to you. If you have no other I/O cards in the rack, you can set it to all ON, which would be base address $78C00. You just need to make sure that the DIP switch setting you choose does not conflict with any other I/O cards in the rack, i.e., no two cards can be set to the same base address without causing problems.