OMRON Forums

IDE Improvements / Wishlist

shansen

First of all, let me say that I have been very happy with the Delta Tau IDE (for the most part), and I am excited to see the constant updates and improvements released by DT.

Unfortunately, after using Visual Studio for several years I have become spoiled with certain features. Here are some features that I hope DT can look at adding to the IDE in the future:

1) Auto-indenting brackets

2) Complete Intellisense (i.e. local/global variables, structures, and functions should be auto-recognized and added to the Intellisense list)

3) Integrated Debugger (obviously this won't work for the real-time threads but it would be great if the Visual Studio debugger could be attached to background C applications)

4) The user should be able to delete IDE folders that aren't being used (CPLCs, Script, Realtime Routines, etc)

5) Libraries should be callable from both realtime (RTI PLCs, User Phase, etc) and non-realtime threads (Background Capps, etc)

6) Enable the Visual Studio Refactoring menu (Maybe limited to renaming variables and functions?)

7) This isn't a feature, but I think that the Global Includes folder should be moved up a level (not a big deal, but it makes more sense to me because the .pmh files can be used for CApps, CPLCs, Script PLCs, etc).

Obviously some of these items are more difficult than others to implement. However, I think these improvements would go a long way to making the IDE much more user-friendly!

-Steven

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And it shouldn't alter file attributes.

Mick

First of all, let me say that I have been very happy with the Delta Tau IDE (for the most part), and I am excited to see the constant updates and improvements released by DT.

Unfortunately, after using Visual Studio for several years I have become spoiled with certain features. Here are some features that I hope DT can look at adding to the IDE in the future:

2) Complete Intellisense (i.e. local/global variables, structures, and functions should be auto-recognized and added to the Intellisense list)

3) Integrated Debugger (obviously this won't work for the real-time threads but it would be great if the Visual Studio debugger could be attached to background C applications)

4) The user should be able to delete IDE folders that aren't being used (CPLCs, Script, Realtime Routines, etc)

5) Libraries should be callable from both realtime (RTI PLCs, User Phase, etc) and non-realtime threads (Background Capps, etc)

6) Enable the Visual Studio Refactoring menu (Maybe limited to renaming variables and functions?)

7) This isn't a feature, but I think that the Global Includes folder should be moved up a level (not a big deal, but it makes more sense to me because the .pmh files can be used for CApps, CPLCs, Script PLCs, etc).

Obviously some of these items are more difficult than others to implement. However, I think these improvements would go a long way to making the IDE much more user-friendly!

-Steven

Hi Steven,

Please add the following features to our bug reporting utility and select them as enhancements. We will take a look at them and let you know which ones we will implement for the next release.

Dro Ghazarian

And it shouldn't alter file attributes.

Mick

-Steven