OMRON Forums

vb.net error with ptalk

SGROTA

first chance exception of type 'System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.InvalidActiveXStateException' occurred in AxInterop.PTALKDTLib.dll

when i try to run my app i get this exception error

can anyone identify the error for me (new to .net ) old vb6 project that i upgraded to .net (not fun at all)

steve

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first chance exception of type 'System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.InvalidActiveXStateException' occurred in AxInterop.PTALKDTLib.dll

can anyone identify the error for me (new to .net ) old vb6 project that i upgraded to .net (not fun at all)

steve

If using .NET 4 I think issue is that the PIA (primary interop assembly) is set to embedded.

Select the contol - properties - make embedded FALSE

See this post for details

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=234&highlight=.net

Also if going to effort to move to .NET then should not use ptalk and go to pcommserver

I be glad to help and provide example code

steve

If using .NET 4 I think issue is that the PIA (primary interop assembly) is set to embedded.

Select the contol - properties - make embedded FALSE

See this post for details

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=234&highlight=.net

Also if going to effort to move to .NET then should not use ptalk and go to pcommserver

I be glad to help and provide example code

using ptalk .net demo i found that i wasnt declaring the instance and when i put that code in it works. The vb6 upgrade wizard did not bring everything in i needed.

thanks for the reply

I agree that it would be best to drop the PTalk & upgrade to pcommserver if possible.

I have recently moved an application from VB6 to .NET & it was not as easy as I had hoped. The attached file describes a profiler that will identify areas needing updates before processing through the MS utility. There are other products on the market; this one would process my small application without purcha$$$e. Just reading through the documentation might be helpful if you're already familiar with .NET

I ended up rewriting rather than migrating. (sometimes the hard way is easier for dummies like me)

10 steps to migrate existing code to VB.doc

I agree that it would be best to drop the PTalk & upgrade to pcommserver if possible.

I have recently moved an application from VB6 to .NET & it was not as easy as I had hoped. The attached file describes a profiler that will identify areas needing updates before processing through the MS utility. There are other products on the market; this one would process my small application without purcha$$$e. Just reading through the documentation might be helpful if you're already familiar with .NET

I ended up rewriting rather than migrating. (sometimes the hard way is easier for dummies like me)

Thanks

Yes i agree i have mostly rewritten my code and it is working now. I am a novice at .net and I taught myself vb6 so i am no expert. I appreciate the input and if not for the push to get this machine running soon i would go back and go to pcomserver. However if it works its going at this point.

We use all our machines in house so some dy i can go back and upgrade it.

Steve