OMRON Forums

How to count the running time?

tzqdo

I'm pluzzed and lost in the 768-paged TURBO SRM.

1.How to count the running time?

2.Is there a way to do some logging into the card? If there already is a log in the card, how to fetch it?

Any input is wished and helpful!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tzqdo:

In Turbo PMAC, register X:$0 (suggested M-variable M0->X:$0,0,24) counts up once per servo cycle starting at power-on/reset. This is what most people use for the running time. Note that as a 24-bit register, it rolls over after 16 million servo cycles -- about 2 hours at the default servo update rate.

I am not sure what you mean by logging. Can you clarify please?

tzqdo:

In Turbo PMAC, register X:$0 (suggested M-variable M0->X:$0,0,24) counts up once per servo cycle starting at power-on/reset. This is what most people use for the running time. Note that as a 24-bit register, it rolls over after 16 million servo cycles -- about 2 hours at the default servo update rate.

I am not sure what you mean by logging. Can you clarify please?

Thanks for your input.Your sugesstion is very good and cleary, I also find in the SRM that the coordinate timer plays a similary role. The rolling over problem may be resolved by updating three golbal registers when the timer overflows in which the hours,minites,and seconds are stored, respectively.

The second question,that is,I wonder if pmac maintains a log itself, in the log some information just like the received code file name and the time can be recorded.