OMRON Forums

C Language Libraries folder

daves

How do I use the 'Libraries' folder under 'C Language'?

I have chosen 'Add->Existing Item...' and the closest choice to a "C" library I guessed was 'Background C Source'. I removed the includes and main function as I guessed they were unnecessary background app stuff. I added one of my desired library functions.

Building fails with:

C:\ABD\PowerPMAC\SPMM\Centre\Centre\Centre.ppproj(146,5): Error : /usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/4.2.2/../../../../powerpc-405-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot open output file ../../../Bin/Debug/: No such file or directory
C:\ABD\PowerPMAC\SPMM\Centre\Centre\Centre.ppproj(146,5): Error : collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I see the make file difference between a working C app and this library is the missing PROG definition:

PROG = "../../../Bin/Debug/"

Normally there would be a xxx.out filename in there. Is this a clue?

Dave

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know the IDE supported libraries now. We worked in a hack whereby we include our library source and header file located on a network share. This works, but it is not the preferred way, obviously.

I would be interested in seeing library support if it is not available. It allows us to encapsulate common functionality across different applications.

KEJR

In the newer release of IDE(around end of July) we have the functionality available to use the Library folder under PowerPMAC project. You can add the C library project which is linked to all the C app and the functions from the Lib. can be used by any C app. This is step 1. In step 2 we will extend this functionality to allow functions to be used by script language. this may be included in he service pack for July release.

Thanks,

Atul

In the newer release of IDE(around end of July) we have the functionality available to use the Library folder under PowerPMAC project. You can add the C library project which is linked to all the C app and the functions from the Lib. can be used by any C app. This is step 1. In step 2 we will extend this functionality to allow functions to be used by script language. this may be included in he service pack for July release.

Thanks,

Atul

This will be a welcomed addition. Are there any problems having the library object file live on a network drive map (i.e. separate from the project folder)? I say this because some IDE programs copy the library object file to the project folder, which is another (albeit different) way of doing it.

thanks,

KEJR