OMRON Forums

Change password for root

andyf

What is the procedure for changing the root password? Are there any special steps on Linux I need to take besides using "passwd"? Also, how do I configure the IDE to use the new password? It seems to be greyed out on all screens.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not done it yet myself, so take this with a grain of salt. Keep in mind that the root filesystem is mounted as readonly, so in general anything you do to change the system needs to go through a procedure where you copy files from a readonly "ramdrive" mirror folder to the real folder after you make the flash drive writeable. There are topics on this forum for how to do that, so I would look into that first. Then you find out what files get changed in linux when the passwd command is issued.

- issue change password command.

- mount drive as read/write

- copy appropriate password file from /.readonly/etc-tmpfs-mirror/whatever to /.readonly/etc/whatever

KEJR

P.S. If you haven't done so yet, make a filesystem backup of your PowerPMAC using the WinImage program (also documented in the forum). This has bailed me out several times in mucking with core system changes. It also lets you maintain a "company" standard image(s) when you get the PPMAC sorted the way you like it.

• 1 year later...

I was able to change the "root" password, found the way to change the IDE default password (http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=463&highlight=root), but i still have one step to climb to get my IDE compatible with my new root password.

When i built my projet i get the message:

"Could not Connect to Power Pmac FTP Client, Please make sure that you have a valid IP address."

Does someone know where I can find the FTP configuration used by the IDE?

Thank you!

Anthony

• 2 years later...

I am having the same error "Could not Connect to Power Pmac FTP client, Please make sure that you have a valid IP address."

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

I was able to change the "root" password, found the way to change the IDE default password (http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=463&highlight=root), but i still have one step to climb to get my IDE compatible with my new root password.

When i built my projet i get the message:

"Could not Connect to Power Pmac FTP Client, Please make sure that you have a valid IP address."

Does someone know where I can find the FTP configuration used by the IDE?

Thank you!

Anthony