OMRON Forums

Linux Drivers / Commuincation Library for Turbo PMAC

Sina.Sattari

Some of Delta Tau's customers ask for a communication library or driver under Linux. The following file includes examples on communication with a PMAC over Ethernet in Linux. Important information about the environment under which the PMAC applications are built and tested. OS: Red-hat Linux 9.0 (Shrike core kernel version: 2.4.20-8) Other environment include following applications Application Version 1. GCC: 4.0.2 2. Automake 1.9.6 3. Autoconf 2.59 4. KDevelop 3.3.1 5. KDE 3.5.1 6. Qt 3.3.5 7 glib 2.8.6 IMPORTANT NOTES: 1. PMACISA and PMACPCI are based on kernel driver modules pmacisa and pmacpci respectively. 2. The comm Library for both modes is in the lib folder. 3. A working test application /TestApp/test/bin/test is also include as part of this package. 4. Ethernet Application is very very primitive and needs more work. Only the basic command is provided at this time. 5. A USB kernel driver is in the wish list but is NOT on the active project list at this time. For further help contact Delta Tau Support at helpts@deltatau.com or Farooq Ahmad at fahmad@deltatau.com [attachment=1286:name]

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, unfortunately the ethernet "driver" for Linux doesn't include anything about Binary Rotary buffer. I am working on a application that streams data on a GeoBrick through binary rotary buffer in Windows environment, but since the data source is a Linux based PC we would like to skip the Windows gateway and its added delays. I searched a lot but I couldn't find any documentation about the ETH commands for binary rotary buffer (the documented OP codes in the ACC54V2 manual stop at C7 but if I'm not mistaken binary ROT has code C8). Searching also in the DPRAMOPT.PDF document, at page 34, i read this sentence: " Note: Delta Tau has PC subroutines written in C to interface with the DPRAM binary rotary program buffer. Contact the factory for details." , so I guess there is some documentation I don't have. Thanks for your support

• 2 months later...
hi! I'm trying to install the ISA libraries on PC104 card with PCI bus. An adapter is used to pass from PCI to ISA. The installe OS is ubuntu 10.04 with 2.6 RTAI kernel. The libraries attached in this thread are compatible with this kernel? Following the instruction that are written in the ReadMe I cannot install them. I also try to don't use the .o file present in the folder and re-make the dir starting only from the .h and .c files but several errors come out. Any suggestion will be appreciated.