OMRON Forums

Power PMAC IDE available on Windows 7 64-Bit?

naguiman

I cannot run Power PMAC IDE on Windows 7 64-Bit.

My computer OS is windows 7 64-Bit.(Home Professional)

I did install .Net Framework 4.0.

X Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application. <-- (POP-UP)

I cannot reinstall or uninstall Power PMAC IDE because pop-up.

How can I do this problem?

Is this windows 7 problem? or Power PMAC IDE problem?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naguiman,

It seems like your installation has been corrupted possibly by installing a service pack over an older version of IDE. Please follow these instructions:

1. Delete the following key from your Windows registry:

Windows 7 32-bit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B9A0C1FA-E2D2-431F-A151-B932B5CC191C}

Windows 7 64-bit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{ACB3690A-F2AB-4504-9ED1-8957FAB61CAC}

2. Make sure in Control Panel, under Programs and Features, IDE is not available anymore.

3. Download the latest IDE installation from here: ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/Power%20PMAC%20Suite/Power%20PMAC%20IDE%20(460%20CPU)/Release/2011%20Jan/English(1033)/

4. After installing the IDE, install the service pack for it which you can download from here:

ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/Power%20PMAC%20Suite/Power%20PMAC%20IDE%20(460%20CPU)/Release/2011%20Jan/Service%20Pack%201/English(1033)/

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

I delete Windows registry key for PowerPMAC

and I try to reinstall Power PMAC IDE.

But error pop-up (X Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application.)

I retry to reinstall Power PMAC IDE serveral time. But also error Pop-up

Other way to solve this problem?

I delete Windows registry key for PowerPMAC

and I try to reinstall Power PMAC IDE.

But error pop-up (X Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application.)

I retry to reinstall Power PMAC IDE serveral time. But also error Pop-up

Other way to solve this problem?

You need to use the 64 bit installation and the Feb version before you install the service pack. The service pack is not a full installation.

Do you have 64 bit English OS or Korean OS? Does the Program Files (x86)" folder exist on the Korean OS?

If you are using 64 bit with Korean OS, then when you install the software, make sure to set the path to c:\program files(x86) for installation as our components need this path.

Atul

MyPC OS installed Windows 7 64 Bit Korean OS.

I did first install feb version and then install april version(service pack).

Program files (X86) folder exist on the Korean OS.

MyPC OS exist Program file folder and Program files (X86) folder on the Windows 7 64bit Korean.

I copied Power PMAC IDE from Program files (X86)\Delta Tau Systems Inc folder to Program files \Delta Tau Systems Inc folder.

But error pop-up . (T_T)

MyPC OS installed Windows 7 64 Bit Korean OS.

I did first install feb version and then install april version(service pack).

Program files (X86) folder exist on the Korean OS.

MyPC OS exist Program file folder and Program files (X86) folder on the Windows 7 64bit Korean.

I copied Power PMAC IDE from Program files (X86)\Delta Tau Systems Inc folder to Program files \Delta Tau Systems Inc folder.

But error pop-up . (T_T)

As i said in my previous reply to your post copy will not work you will have to install. As your OS is korean and not english and also it is 64 bit you will have to specify \Program files (x86) (Type this exact shows from the explorer) Also our application is not compiled for 64 bit so it is 32 bit and all 32 bit application on 64 bit machine installed @program files (x86) folder. Make sure when the installation begins and it shows default path change it to Program Files (x86) if it is not Program Files(x86).

Thanks,

Atul

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with installation on a new Windows 7 64-bit machine. I also noticed that .NET 4 framework is already installed.

During the IDE install, I get a pop up window with title "MS Visual Studio Shell Isolated" and the message "Cannot find one or more components. Please re-install the application".

If I proceed with the IDE install, it finishes but when I launch it none of the add-ins will load. Each add-in gives an error, for example: "The Add-in 'Tune Control' failed to load or caused exception. Error msg: None Error#: 8013150a

Please advise.

I am having the same issue with installation on a new Windows 7 64-bit machine. I also noticed that .NET 4 framework is already installed.

During the IDE install, I get a pop up window with title "MS Visual Studio Shell Isolated" and the message "Cannot find one or more components. Please re-install the application".

If I proceed with the IDE install, it finishes but when I launch it none of the add-ins will load. Each add-in gives an error, for example: "The Add-in 'Tune Control' failed to load or caused exception. Error msg: None Error#: 8013150a

Please advise.

During my installation Windows 7 32 bit, I was having problems with the installation. After several calls with Microsoft support we were able to resolve the issues. In a nut shell it was all about assembly version ( new DLL hell ! ). This is a summary that was sent to me from Microsoft. I may help to shed some light on this issue.

To briefly summarize:

You were encountering the following error dialog reporting a TypeLoadException on the following type:

{"Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.ToolboxItemConfiguration' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.":"Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.ToolboxItemConfiguration"}

This error occurred when the toolbox was attempting to refresh itself, after opening a winform in the winform designer. We investigated the scenario and found that the TypeLoadException was occurring due to an older (RTM version) of Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.dll installed under the …\common7\ide directory. On a couple of other machine this error was not encountered.

Upon further investigation (using ildasm.exe) we found that the ToolboxItemConfiguration class is implemented in a more recent version of Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.dll (from VS 2008 SP1), and installing VS 2008 SP1 on the problem system cleared up the problems.

You had an additional question related to the DeltaTau Powermac isolated shell installation. Specifically, after installing the DeltaTau software, you were encountering an error dialog “Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application. To fix this, we had you download and install the VS 2008 Isolated Shell with SP1 redist, and this fixed up the problem with the DeltaTau software.