OMRON Forums

Problems Addressing Cards?

jkelley

I am having an issue addressing cards correctly. Currently I have a total of 5 ACC24E2 cards, 2 ACC24E2A cards, 1 ACC28E, 1 ACC59E, 2 ACC65E, and 1 ACC84E. I have successfully addressed all of the Axis Interface cards (ACC24E2, and ACC24E2A cards) at Gate1 indexes 4-10. I addressed the ACC28E at GateIO --> 0 (SW1-1 --- SW1-4 are all On) And I can see these through the IDE. The Document titled "UMAC Addresses for I/O Cards" shows switch positions for SW1-1 through SW1-4. The IO Cards also have SW1-5 and SW1-6, and you set these for use in a UMAC, so does the PPMAC just ignore these other two Settings? Can you provide me with switch settings for the rest of the cards? 2-ACC65E's 1-Acc59E and 1ACC84E? And will all of these cards be recognized through the IDE system setup Screen?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attached are the switch settings for the ACC-59E which will be published in the soon-to-be-posted new ACC-59E manual, which contains Power PMAC setup details. The reason why the Power PMAC manuals do not mention SW5 and 6 is because they are always set to ON for these cards. The ACC-65E and ACC-84E follow the exact same addressing scheme as the ACC-59E so you can just use the attached ACC-59E table until we have written the Power PMAC sections of those manuals.

Addressing ACC-59E.pdf

Attached are the switch settings for the ACC-59E which will be published in the soon-to-be-posted new ACC-59E manual, which contains Power PMAC setup details. The reason why the Power PMAC manuals do not mention SW5 and 6 is because they are always set to ON for these cards. The ACC-65E and ACC-84E follow the exact same addressing scheme as the ACC-59E so you can just use the attached ACC-59E table until we have written the Power PMAC sections of those manuals.

CharlesP..

I am still possibly having problems, Here is what I know now

Using the ACC-59E section of the manual, Here is my current Configuration

ACC-28E --> CS10 Index(0)

ACC-65E --> CS10 Index(4)

ACC-65E --> CS10 Index(8)

ACC-84E --> CS12 Index(1)

ACC-59E --> CS14 Index(2)

The 28E shows up in the hardware Tree as ACC-28E(0), But only displays the Card Info and Gate Info, Is This Correct?

The 84E Shows up int the Hardware tree as well as ACC-84E(1), But it actually displays the Card Info and Gate Info of the Above ACC-28E, Is This correct?

The 59E card does not show up in the hardware tree, Its Status Light is on, Is this Correct? Note: I have tried multiple different addressing of this card with the same result

Try typing this into the Terminal Window:

Sys.OffsetCardIO[0],16

This is equivalent to typing:

Sys.OffsetCardIO[0] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[1] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[2] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[3] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[4] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[5] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[6] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[7] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[8] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[9] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[10] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[11] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[12] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[13] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[14] 
Sys.OffsetCardIO[15] 

For each command, if there is a card configured for that index used (e.g. indices 0, 1, 2, ... 15), the base address offset for the card will display in the Terminal Window.

If you see a card show up at each index for which you configured each card, then you set up the addressing correctly. The index to which I am referring is the Index (n) shown in the table of the "Addressing ACC-59E" document. So, for the configuration you described in your post, you should see cards show up at indices 0, 1, 2, 4, and 8.