ABS mode with X and Y axes

franz91

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have a system with motor #1 which control X and Y axis and motor #2 which control Y axis.

The coordinate system is : #1-> 8000X and #2-> -8000X+8000Y

But I want control my system as a rotation system, like it is possible with A and B (I want command my axis as angles and roll-over when I want).

But as it was already said I can't make a CS like #1-> 8000A and #2->-8000A+8000B.

With #1-> 8000X and #2-> -8000X+8000Y, when I ask, at home position, in a motion program, X(370), it's make a complete round plus 10 degrees, but I want the shortest move (a move of -10 degrees in this example, like when I command A(370) with roll-over enabled).

If you want to do custom axis definitions that PMAC normally does not allow or understand, you can just define your motors to use kinematics as such:

&1 
#1->I
#2->I

Then you can configure whatever relationship between motor and axis that you want in your kinematics subroutines.

Please refer to the Power PMAC Coordinate Systems manual, Coordinate-System Kinematic Subroutines section (page 8 and following on latest version) for more information on setting up kinematics.