OMRON Forums

printer

simon

I would like to connect a small serial panel printer to a stand alone CLIPPER and PMAC Lite. This is to get a short production report at the end of each part program executed by the machine. Basically I need to wright some instructions at the end of the part program to START,STOP the printer and the variables to be sent out to the printer. Would you have some suggestions on how to do this? regards, simon

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon, If I understand correctly, your printer gets connected to the serial port on the Clipper or PMAC Lite. The following solution is for the Clipper since it's a Turbo product. For non-turbo products, the approach is the same, but some of the commands will be different. Here are a set of commands that will help you send text, values of parameters and special characters to the serial port of the Clipper (any Turbo PMAC with a serial port) With program code: [b]I62=1[/b] ; Suppress on SEND [b]SENDS “THE VALUE OF P1 IS “ [/b]; String sent with no [b]CMDS “P1” [/b]; Response string follows on same line, no [b]SENDS^M [/b]; Send a The following will be printed on the printer: THE VALUE OF P1 IS 42 I would suggest that you take a look at [b]SENDS[/b], [b]CMDS[/b] and [b]SENDS^[/b] commands in Turbo Software Reference Manual.