OMRON Forums

watchdog trip

ibisjoe

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Presuming it is a "soft" watchdog trip, status element Sys.WDTFault is set to 1 if the background operations failed to execute in time. It is set to 2 if the foreground (interrupt) elements failed to execute in time. Saved setup elements Sys.WDTReset and Sys.BgWDTReset allow you to specify what "in time" is.

A "hard" watchdog trip shuts down the processor completely, so does not permit the monitoring of a status element value.

yes, I know about Sys.WDTFault and it was a "soft" watchdog trip. What I wanted to know is if you generated any kind of log event that the user could check (such an event might contain the app name if outside of the PPMAC or the PLC if within the PPMAC).

yes, I know about Sys.WDTFault and it was a "soft" watchdog trip. What I wanted to know is if you generated any kind of log event that the user could check (such an event might contain the app name if outside of the PPMAC or the PLC if within the PPMAC).

There typically is no one single event that causes a watchdog trip. It is often an accumulation of too many (individually benign) tasks at a certain priority level, or a bad setting of a parameter. (For example, the best way to force a watchdog timer trip for test purposes is to set Sys.RtIntPeriod to a very large value.)