Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solving EAccessViolation
If PeWin32Pro2 crashes on startup with the EAccessViolation error message (shown below), look in the C:\Windows\PEWIN32PRO2.INI file and then locate and remove the correct INI file as specified by the ActiveIni line. PeWin will recreate the initialization file on startup. By default, this initialization file is PEWIN32PRO2_Default.INI in your PeWin32Pro2 folder (C:\Program Files\Delta Tau\PMAC Executive Pro2 Suite\Pewin32Pro2\ by default).

I followed these instructions, but they did not work. PEWIN32Pro2 did not remake the .ini files, and I continue to get an EAccessViolation error message.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit if that makes a difference. My PEWIN32PRO2.ini file had the following line:
ActiveIni=C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\DELTA TAU\PMAC EXECUTIVE PRO2 SUITE\PEWIN32PRO2\PEWIN32PRO2_Defaultx64.INI
That's the file I deleted per the post above.
If my fix above does not work for you, please email support at deltatau dot com, and we can send you a working .ini file.
I've had this same issue several times, also when using Win7 x64.

For me the fix every time is to:
Control Panel - Programs - Repair PeWin application

Has worked several times for me... I suspect it corrects the real issue CP is describing.
Try also deleting C:\Windows\PEWIN32PRO2.INI.