OMRON Forums

Enabling Motors after a reset

JohnR

I have 2 motors connected to a ACC-24E2A and have set them up using the Motor Setup utility in the IDE. After setting the motors up and tuning them I can use the motors in my PLCs and my programs without any problems.

I then execute a "SAVE" to to the PPMAC and reset the unit.

When the unit is powered back up I can not enable either motor until I run then MotorSetup utility and run the "Test and set the motor" option and simply run a manual "Tune servo Loop".

Once the utility enables the motor I can use it freely.

I have compaired the "backup Motor[1]." of the before and after and see no differences between them.

OUT command works and encoder feedback is working.

removing the motor from the CS does not help.

what would cause my motors to NOT enable ?

Is there a way for me to log all commands sent/received from the MotorSetup utility ?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the commands from the setup program are listed in the log window at the bottom.

In PPmac the sequence is to first load the saved paramters then load the project. My first guess is that something in the project is undoing something from the setup program. To test this open a new emoty project. Give $$$*** then SAVE to PPmac. Run the setup program. When the motor is working give the SAVE and try you reset test again.

All the commands from the setup program are listed in the log window at the bottom.

In PPmac the sequence is to first load the saved paramters then load the project. My first guess is that something in the project is undoing something from the setup program. To test this open a new emoty project. Give $$$*** then SAVE to PPmac. Run the setup program. When the motor is working give the SAVE and try you reset test again.

After File->Close Solution, $$$***, save, $$$.

Tools->MotorSetup

running through the setup for motors 1 & 2, including tuning them, I can servo the motors from the terminal window.

Then #*k, save, $$$

#*j/ and nothing happens, #1j/ nothing....

Not until I execute an open loop test from the MotorSetup can I close the loop on the motor. Even when #1 is closed loop I still can't close the loop on #2 until I perforn the same trick on it.

I have compaired the Setup vars from #1 to #2 and see only diffs in address pointers ( correct for each one ).

The log/output window in the MotorSetup only shows

3/17/2011 :9:15 AM - 10.0.0.81, Module - Set Motor : Graph Control Connected

3/17/2011 :9:15 AM - 10.0.0.81, Module - Set Motor : openlooptest

I have no axes defined in any CS

Also, why when I use "#1out 0" dose motor 1 status show ClosedLoop and the motor is holding position.

When I "#1out 10" the motor takes off and then holds position after it stops ?

running with Jan 2011 IDE and FW.

Thanks

john

I'm still at a loss to figure this out.

John,

Can you issue a #1$ after you restart the Power PMAC or you do a $$$. You need to establish phase reference before you move the motor. Although the motor setup phases the motors and sets up the phasing parameters, it doesn't set it up to be automatic since we discourage doing a power on phasing and we prefer the customer to check for all requirements in their system before enabling the motors.

Regards,

John,

Can you issue a #1$ after you restart the Power PMAC or you do a $$$. You need to establish phase reference before you move the motor. Although the motor setup phases the motors and sets up the phasing parameters, it doesn't set it up to be automatic since we discourage doing a power on phasing and we prefer the customer to check for all requirements in their system before enabling the motors.

Regards,

Thanks Sina,

The $ command ( Phase Motor ) solved my motoer enabling problem. I am curious why I need to phase the motor when I am not performing any commutation within PMAC. I am using straight forward torque amplifiers being controlled with DAC output. Couldn't a Motor[].PhaseCtrl value be created that would eliminate the need to phase the motor when phasing is not needed ?

John

John,

Can you check the following settings and post them?

Motor[x].PhaseCtrl

Motor[x].ServoCtrl

Motor[x].pPhaseEnc

Motor[x].pAdc

After issuing a $$$ I have these values

Motor[1].PhaseCtrl

Motor[1].PhaseCtrl=4

Motor[1].ServoCtrl

Motor[1].ServoCtrl=1

Motor[1].pPhaseEnc

Motor[1].pPhaseEnc=Sys.pushm

Motor[1].pAdc

Motor[1].pAdc=0

John

John,

Can you check the following settings and post them?

Motor[x].PhaseCtrl

Motor[x].ServoCtrl

Motor[x].pPhaseEnc

Motor[x].pAdc

After issuing a $$$ I have these values

Motor[1].PhaseCtrl

Motor[1].PhaseCtrl=4

Motor[1].ServoCtrl

Motor[1].ServoCtrl=1

Motor[1].pPhaseEnc

Motor[1].pPhaseEnc=Sys.pushm

Motor[1].pAdc

Motor[1].pAdc=0

John

After nearly a week of inaction I was able to determine that

Motor[1].PowerOnMode needs to be set to "2" in order for the phase-referencing command to be automatically issued for the motor at power-on/reset. Wouldn't one expect that the "Motor Setup" would set this value, since all of this information is available.

I still have the question about the "out" command closing the servo loop on the motor.

John,

Based upon your previous response, you're using torque command amplifiers and you're not doing any commutation in PMAC. In this case you don't need to set Motor[x].PhaseCtrl>0 and you have to set it to 0. This will eliminate the need for a $ or setting of Motor[x].PowerOnMode>0. Motor[x].PhaseCtrl is set to greater than 0 only if you want the PMAC to perform the commutation.

"out" command puts the motor in open loop mode, but if the motor is on a position limit, then it will close the motor since it will try to bring the motor to a controlled stop.

John,

Based upon your previous response, you're using torque command amplifiers and you're not doing any commutation in PMAC. In this case you don't need to set Motor[x].PhaseCtrl>0 and you have to set it to 0. This will eliminate the need for a $ or setting of Motor[x].PowerOnMode>0. Motor[x].PhaseCtrl is set to greater than 0 only if you want the PMAC to perform the commutation.

"out" command puts the motor in open loop mode, but if the motor is on a position limit, then it will close the motor since it will try to bring the motor to a controlled stop.

Thanks Sina,

I used the motor setup utility to configure the motors and assumed the the setup would set the correct PhaseCtrl based on the selected amplifier.

Am I setting up the amp or the motor incorrectly ?

John

John,

I would guess your selection on the amplifier is not correct. The setup software checks the type of control on your amplifier. In case of sinusoidal commutation or direct pwm control, it will set the Motor[x].PhaseCtrl=1, in other cases it would set it to zero. Can you check and specify what control type you have selected for your amplifier?

Regards,

John,

I would guess your selection on the amplifier is not correct. The setup software checks the type of control on your amplifier. In case of sinusoidal commutation or direct pwm control, it will set the Motor[x].PhaseCtrl=1, in other cases it would set it to zero. Can you check and specify what control type you have selected for your amplifier?

Regards,

Iincluded an attachment bmp of the Motor Setup for this ampifier.

john

• 2 weeks later...