OMRON Forums

TURBO PMAC2 Eth UltraLite IP Address problem

meego

Hello,

I need your help about the IP Address of TPmac2 card

I try to change the IP Address of the card with DeltaTau software EthUSBConfig.exe

but each time i run the software, there is the default IP Address again and again, i try to plug the Pmac card on my laptop : same problem

i try 3 different pmac card: same problem

if somebody can help me about this problem ?

thank's

Pascal

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I need your help about the IP Address of TPmac2 card

I try to change the IP Address of the card with DeltaTau software EthUSBConfig.exe

but each time i run the software, there is the default IP Address again and again, i try to plug the Pmac card on my laptop : same problem

i try 3 different pmac card: same problem

if somebody can help me about this problem ?

thank's

Pascal

Pascal,

Follow this link starting at step 14. http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=63

Regards,

Just a note on this issue and why updating the PEWIN32PRO2 fixes the problem. In earlier implementation of communication processor and its EEPROM, the EEPROM write-protect line was disabled. This was causing the EEPROM data to get corrupted if the PMAC power supply was not turning on/off fast enough. In order to prevent the data on EEPROM getting corrupted, the write-protect line was utilized and one of the processor pins could pull the write-protect line low to make the EEPROM write-able which is necessary for some tasks including changing the IP address. However, the windows software EthUSBConfig.exe has to pull this pin low before changing the address. The older software did do this, so the EEPROM would stay write protected, hence the IP won't change. The new software does pull this pin low and disables the write-protect.

This change is backward compatible since the write-protect-disable pin is not used on the earlier versions of PMAC.