OMRON Forums

HMI options ?

KEJR

Hello,

We've been struggling to find a digital touchscreen monitor to interface to the PowerPMAC video HDMI option that works correctly. Most of the name brand touch panels out there are VGA. I've tried an Elo 15" with DVI and a Lilliput 10" widescreen with no success. I've tried two different Dell flatpanels that we had in the office and they both worked, but won't necessarily package on our machines with a touch interface and the space available. Currently I'm running with a Dell monitor and separate mouse sitting on a table next to the machine while we are finishing up development.

So it makes me wonder, what are other people doing with their PowerPMACs and Hmi? I'm not interested in a "extra slot" PCI video card since we already own a couple PMACs with the USB-HDMI option.

I think I'm left with a few options:

- Try to see if a 10" lilliput or other HDMI compatable touchmonitor can be made to work.

- Try to get a small 8-10" USB Displaylink touch monitor to work.

- Get a USB-VGA adapter from third party or delta tau and pick from the more readily available VGA touch monitors.

- Buy a small panel PC and try to make it "hardened" by read only filesystem with windows CE, linux, or windows embedded. Preferably this can be bought as a system.

- Purchase a 3rd party industrial Hmi package and write a driver for it to use the gpascii protocol (I am thinking to try Red Lion because they supposedly have a general purpose programmable TCP/IP driver).

Does anyone have a solution for any of the above working? Any other ideas?

Thank you,

KEJR

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

We've been struggling to find a digital touchscreen monitor to interface to the PowerPMAC video HDMI option that works correctly. Most of the name brand touch panels out there are VGA. I've tried an Elo 15" with DVI and a Lilliput 10" widescreen with no success. I've tried two different Dell flatpanels that we had in the office and they both worked, but won't necessarily package on our machines with a touch interface and the space available. Currently I'm running with a Dell monitor and separate mouse sitting on a table next to the machine while we are finishing up development.

So it makes me wonder, what are other people doing with their PowerPMACs and Hmi? I'm not interested in a "extra slot" PCI video card since we already own a couple PMACs with the USB-HDMI option.

I think I'm left with a few options:

- Try to see if a 10" lilliput or other HDMI compatable touchmonitor can be made to work.

- Try to get a small 8-10" USB Displaylink touch monitor to work.

- Get a USB-VGA adapter from third party or delta tau and pick from the more readily available VGA touch monitors.

- Buy a small panel PC and try to make it "hardened" by read only filesystem with windows CE, linux, or windows embedded. Preferably this can be bought as a system.

- Purchase a 3rd party industrial Hmi package and write a driver for it to use the gpascii protocol (I am thinking to try Red Lion because they supposedly have a general purpose programmable TCP/IP driver).

Does anyone have a solution for any of the above working? Any other ideas?

Thank you,

KEJR

I was able to use the UM-730 a while back after changing a kernel option change if you are interested.

In addition, I also prefer the VGA solution that we have designed as you have more choices for monitors as opposed to the digital HDMI/DVI only option we have. We would have to check on the availability of our VGA solution.