OMRON Forums

ACC-24E2A hardware setup

mjunker

I am new to Delta Tau products and am trying to setup to hardware we have. I will give a brief description of my system. One 16-axis MACRO CPU, one PMAC2 VME ULTRALITE, two ACC-24E2A analog servos (4 channels), and four ACC-24E2S encoder steppers. I also have a second 16-axis MACRO CPU that is currently not installed.

I have noticed what appears to be a discrepancy between the base board address of the servo IC's in the ACC-24E2A user manual (pg. 7) and the 16-axis MACRO CPU manual (pg. 7). Is there a difference between a base address and a board base address?

I am also am failing to understand the differences between a servo channel and a node (as well as many other concepts)? Is there any documentation that would be a good for a new user?

Kind regards,

Mark

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

The discrepancy that you mentioned is because of the fact that ACC-24E2A manual is shown the base address if you wanted to use it with a MACRO8 CPU which is an older product compared with MACRO16 CPU which you're using. The MACRO 8 can only support 2 ACC-24E2(X) type cards. MACRO16 CPU in contrast can support 8 ACC-24E2(X) cards.

A servo channel is a set of encoder input, flag inputs and amplifier command outputs. Every DSPGate (one available on each ACC-24E2(X) ) has 4 servo channels, which means it can be connected to 4 separate servo systems.

A node is a means for transferring data over the MACRO ring. Each node on a ring master transmits 72-bit of data packet (4 registers , 1st one 24-bits and 3 16-bit registers) to its corresponding node on the slave device and in return the slave responds with another 72-bit data packet with same construction.

There are 2 types of nodes. Nodes 0,1,4,5,8,9,12,13,... are called servo nodes, where the data structure is predefined. Nodes 2,3,6,7,10,11,... are IO nodes where the data structure is dependent on customer and application.

The following document should shed some light on this:

Macro7c.zip

Regards,

Sina,

I have made a bit of progress but I cannot seem to active nodes higher than 16 using the MSSAVE (error E0000000) or MS$$$ (nothing happens) commands from the terminal. When I try MSSAVE0, it confirms the command has been completed successfully. When I try MS$$$ after that, there is no response from the terminal and I receive the error "C" on the 16-axis MACRO CPU. Any ideas why this does not seem to work?

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Have you tried using the MACRO ASCII Setup from Configure menu in PEWIN32PRO2 software? This should setup everything you need on the ring and all your stations including the MACRO16 CPU.

The MS$$$ command is not valid because it is missing the target node number. So PMAC will discard the MS part and it will issue a $$$ on the controller which causes the C to show up on the MACRO16 CPU. If you issue a CLRF and MSCLRF15 the error will be cleared given your I6840/I6890/I6940/I6990 and I6841/I6891/I6941/I6991 are setup properly.

Regards,

I Sina,

I found the PEWIN32 Software Manual and tried following the Quick Getting Started Steps on page 56 for the MACRO RING and cannot get past step 1 "MACRO RING ASCII -> Reset MACRO Ring -> Reset All Stations to Default". I am now getting an "A" error on the MACRO CPU and have to power cycle the VME Ultralite and UMAC before I can do anything else. I am really lost at the moment as to how to set up the MACRO RING. It shouldn't have to do with the SW1 DIP settings of the ACC-24EAx cards should it?

Also, Is there any reason the code on page 56 of the 16-AXIS CPU Manual should not work (I have tried it and it does not as per error "C" mentioned earlier.)

By the way, I have been able to clear "C" error using clrf and msclrf15.