OMRON Forums

Problem in Initialization of Amplifier 4

Raghav

Dear All,

I'm currently try to use the 4th amplifier of the ACC 24E axis board. The 3 amplifiers are used for the axes and now I need to use the 4th amplifier for providing a controlled 0-10V supply to my device in open loop. I had tried to setup the basic I variables and use "m414=1" cmd to enable the amplifier. But I see no output from the amplifier even if I vary I469 value and use O-cmd to be 100% (#4o100).

Kindly help me out with the problem and let me know if there are any initialization procedure i need to follow.

Thanks.

Regards,

Raghav

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All,

I'm currently try to use the 4th amplifier of the ACC 24E axis board. The 3 amplifiers are used for the axes and now I need to use the 4th amplifier for providing a controlled 0-10V supply to my device in open loop. I had tried to setup the basic I variables and use "m414=1" cmd to enable the amplifier. But I see no output from the amplifier even if I vary I469 value and use O-cmd to be 100% (#4o100).

Kindly help me out with the problem and let me know if there are any initialization procedure i need to follow.

Thanks.

Regards,

Raghav

If you are going to write directly to the dacand the enable bit then you need to have i400=0. Otherwise be sure bit 17 if i424 is set to 1 to disable the position limits. Failure to do this will put the motor 4 loop into closed loop immediatly with the #4oxx. This will most likely fail on following error.

Dear All,

Thanks.

Regards,

Raghav

If you are going to write directly to the dacand the enable bit then you need to have i400=0. Otherwise be sure bit 17 if i424 is set to 1 to disable the position limits. Failure to do this will put the motor 4 loop into closed loop immediatly with the #4oxx. This will most likely fail on following error.

Dear Jeff,

Bit 17 of I424 is set to 1. I tried to deactivate the motor 4 and tried using O-command, but in vain. I still see the voltage output is in mV range only. there is no change in the output for varying % also.

Any help to overcome this is appreciated.

Regards,

Raghav

Hi Jeff,

Sorted out the issue by changing the I7246 =3 and I7247=0. Don't know why there was no output if the invert command is used.

Thank you once again.

If I7mn6 is set to PWM, the DSPGate will output PWM signal instead of DAC serial data to DAC chip. By setting I7mn6=3 you're sending the proper data to DAC chip and get the voltage out.

Regards,

Hi Jeff,

Sorted out the issue by changing the I7246 =3 and I7247=0. Don't know why there was no output if the invert command is used.

Thank you once again.

If I7mn6 is set to PWM, the DSPGate will output PWM signal instead of DAC serial data to DAC chip. By setting I7mn6=3 you're sending the proper data to DAC chip and get the voltage out.

Regards,

I have seen the inverted DAC output work on some versions of the ACC-24E2A and fail on others. I was told that there was a change to the ACC boards. I always set the output to NON-Inverting and swap DACxA+ and DACxA- if I want to change polarity.