OMRON Forums

X:$B0 Bit 11 Block Request

caslen

This is a new system with a PMAC and 6 Macro drives in a ring - it is also new driving software...

I have a simple motion program which is repeatedly executing:-

CLOSE

END GATHER

DELETE GATHER

DELETE TRACE

OPEN PROG 1 CLEAR

LINEAR

ABS

FRAX(W)

TA700

TS100

F100

DWELL0

P96=1

X500Y130Z0W500

DWELL0

P97=1

CLOSE

Only the line 'X500Y130Z0W500' changes as the machine moves,

Occasionally the cycle stops with Motor Status Bit 11 Block Request set, the motion program appears to have uploaded correctly and an '&1 B1 R' command in the terminal window runs the program normally.

What is the likely cause of the Block request bit being 'stuck on'?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caslen,

A few questions:

1. what are the axis definition?

2. Do you have lookahead/segmentation/Isx20 setup?

3. I don't see a loop in the motion program itself. How does the program loop?

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, the loop is in the C++ controlling software but I think I may have solved the problem already. In my software I upload the motion program and then immediately try to run it. Before I issue the '&1 B1 R' command I send a Ctrl-A - it seems this is the problem, sometimes this returns 'Response[0]=7' ( GetResponse() ), removing the Ctrl-A command seems to cure the problem although I am still testing to prove it. I do not know why this would cause the error I had though.

Caslen,

Is it possible that the Ctrl-A is sent after &1B1R command? Can you give us an update on this one?

Regards,

Hi Sina,

The Ctrl-A is definitely called before the &1B1R, I only called it to ensure that all the motors were in a known, active state before I try to run the motion program. As a temporary solution I have simply removed the Ctrl-A. One other thing that I think is significant - I was running with I5113=0 (CS1 Segmentation time) which seems to be the default, since I set this to 10, I have had no problems at all since doing these two things.