OMRON Forums

Database sync function failed

artag

Can someone explain the meaning of this error, please ? It appears in the terminal window during initial connection. Building the project appears to work (is it the same sort of sync that occurs during build?) but some operations such as the motor setup report errors such as 'ppmaccommon.CreateMotorInterface does not exist' I am having numerous frustrating problems of this sort in attempting to set up the latest IDE version. For instance, I cannot save the project settings that include the window layout. It seems only the user who installed the IDE can do that - all others get a blank screen on startup and any changes are not saved. Addins did not appear until I copied the Addins directory from the installing user's directory to another place, and then added that path to the tool's add-in file paths for other users. -adrian

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question, are any of your folders (like mydocuments, or documents and settings, or other common ones)mapped to a network drive? This is one issue we have had before as described in this link http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=330&highlight=dll

[quote='bradp' pid='1292' dateline='1297182059'] What OS you are using? What was the install path? [/quote] I'm using XP pro SP3, the Feb2011 IDE, and accepted the default install path in Program Files. I'm trying to install a system such that multiple users can use the machine containing the IDE and the connection to the PPMAC. Ideally, they should have independent or at least predictable environments. The link you mention is what gave me the hint to copy files from one user to another, but I don't have any network drives used for normal folders. I have gone through the exercise of reinstalling the IDE sebveral times, using an identical base system (ghost image) each time. What I think I've found is that : The user who installs the system gets normal behaviour Other users get some subset, eg reduced tool menu entries Tool menu entries can be added as described above, or will appear if that user repeats the installation as himself Administrator seems to operate in the same way as an user who has administrator privileges : I haven't yet found a difference between installations or first installs done by administrator and those done by other users. If another user does the installation, the administrator gets a broken installation in the same way as any user does. I'm particularly stuck at the moment with the issue of saving the layout of panes displayed by the IDE on startup. The user who did the install is shown an initial layout with the solution explorer, watch windows etc. etc. All other users get an initial blank screen and no dialog box offering a connection to the PPMAC. These things can be done manually, but are not saved : when the IDE is restarted the setup is gone. It is not restored by loading a project.

If I understand correctly... 1. you have installed the IDE on 32 Bit XP with Service Pack 3. 2. You want to share the IDE to be used by different people from same machine Is this corect? Just a note: As you know the IDE is based on Visual Studio which needs administrative rights to function. Atul [quote='artag' pid='1324' dateline='1297340095'] [quote='bradp' pid='1292' dateline='1297182059'] What OS you are using? What was the install path? [/quote] I'm using XP pro SP3, the Feb2011 IDE, and accepted the default install path in Program Files. I'm trying to install a system such that multiple users can use the machine containing the IDE and the connection to the PPMAC. Ideally, they should have independent or at least predictable environments. The link you mention is what gave me the hint to copy files from one user to another, but I don't have any network drives used for normal folders. I have gone through the exercise of reinstalling the IDE sebveral times, using an identical base system (ghost image) each time. What I think I've found is that : The user who installs the system gets normal behaviour Other users get some subset, eg reduced tool menu entries Tool menu entries can be added as described above, or will appear if that user repeats the installation as himself Administrator seems to operate in the same way as an user who has administrator privileges : I haven't yet found a difference between installations or first installs done by administrator and those done by other users. If another user does the installation, the administrator gets a broken installation in the same way as any user does. I'm particularly stuck at the moment with the issue of saving the layout of panes displayed by the IDE on startup. The user who did the install is shown an initial layout with the solution explorer, watch windows etc. etc. All other users get an initial blank screen and no dialog box offering a connection to the PPMAC. These things can be done manually, but are not saved : when the IDE is restarted the setup is gone. It is not restored by loading a project. [/quote]

[quote='agovande' pid='1329' dateline='1297360054'] If I understand correctly... 1. you have installed the IDE on 32 Bit XP with Service Pack 3. 2. You want to share the IDE to be used by different people from same machine Is this corect? Just a note: As you know the IDE is based on Visual Studio which needs administrative rights to function. Atul [/quote] Yes, that's correct. All the users have admin rights. -adrian

• 4 months later...
I too am having this issue. I am running it on the same OS as Artag (32-bit XP SP3) with the same version of the IDE (Feb 2011) and I receive the "database sync function failed!" error and the motor setup runs into many problems. I have installed it as a user with admin rights, and I have also tried installing it as the Administrator user. Nothing is on a network, the whole install is local and in the default directories.

The problem has gone away overnight. I have not touched the PMAC or PC since I posted yesterday and this morning it syncs to the database just fine. The PC hasn't rebooted, nor is it connected to the internet. New problem: All of the Add-Ins are now missing. If I select them in the menu, a message tells me that it cannot be located and asks me if I would like to remove it from the menu. I tried both the repair and the modify features of the PMAC Suite installer to try and re-install the addins, but it has not solved the problem. Are these issues related?

I appreciate all of the good work you folks at Delta Tau have done with the software and controller. I just have to comment that using "My Documents" for anything is very annoying and problematic. Unfortunately it seems to be very prolific in the industry. Is this going to be going away in future releases? Also for some reason I get "PowerPmacSuite" and "Power PMAC Suite" installed in "My Documents". I also use three different machines throughout the day, so I have to maintain all the PCs and change all of the addins multiple times for each release. I don't mean to hijack the thread, just that this is somewhat related. Thanks, KEJR

No problem with the thread-jacking. I have been able to fix the problem by adding in the addins manually. I too find both "PowerPmacSuite" and "Power PMAC Suite" installed in "My Documents". This seems unusual, but I left it alone.