OMRON Forums

Simple motion program will not move motor

erikj

Hi Delta Tau Support, I cannot get the following very simple motion program to move a motor: open prog1 linear abs x10000 dwell500 x0 dwell500 close I have tried entering this code directly at the gpascii prompt and downloading it from the PPMAC IDE. If I replace the axis moves with jogs (jog1=10000, jog1=0) it works fine. I have made sure to assign motor1 to the CS axis: #1->x, and made sure I am addressing the proper coordinate system (&1), but the axis moves still do not work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Erik

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='erikj' pid='1230' dateline='1296239956'] Hi Delta Tau Support, I cannot get the following very simple motion program to move a motor: open prog1 linear abs x10000 dwell500 x0 dwell500 close I have tried entering this code directly at the gpascii prompt and downloading it from the PPMAC IDE. If I replace the axis moves with jogs (jog1=10000, jog1=0) it works fine. I have made sure to assign motor1 to the CS axis: #1->x, and made sure I am addressing the proper coordinate system (&1), but the axis moves still do not work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Erik [/quote] Solved: The motor was indeed moving, but at 1 encoder count per second, which I did not notice before. This is the default of one axis unit per time unit. If I insert an f1000 before the axis move, the move completes in a reasonable time.