OMRON Forums

Script program questions

erikj

Hi Delta Tau Support, I have some questions regarding programs: 1. Please point me to documentation summarizing the differences between motion programs and PLC programs. 2. Why would I use one over the other? 3. Please explain the difference in the finishing or completion behavior oif each. 4. I am sending commands over an SSH link to the Delta Tau PPMAC using gpascii. I have tried using cpx to send a motion command with an in-position test ending with a send0 to show completion of the move. This works fine, but while the command is in progress, I cannot use cpx again to send another command. If I use a motion or PLC program instead, can I call it multiple times simultaneously and pass in parameters to indicate the motor to move? What is the best way to send multiple move commands for different motors in rapid succession over gpascii? Thanks, Erik

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='erikj' pid='1192' dateline='1296060319'] Hi Delta Tau Support, I have some questions regarding programs: 1. Please point me to documentation summarizing the differences between motion programs and PLC programs. 2. Why would I use one over the other? 3. Please explain the difference in the finishing or completion behavior oif each. 4. I am sending commands over an SSH link to the Delta Tau PPMAC using gpascii. I have tried using cpx to send a motion command with an in-position test ending with a send0 to show completion of the move. This works fine, but while the command is in progress, I cannot use cpx again to send another command. If I use a motion or PLC program instead, can I call it multiple times simultaneously and pass in parameters to indicate the motor to move? What is the best way to send multiple move commands for different motors in rapid succession over gpascii? Thanks, Erik [/quote] The attached training slides will give you a starting point for this topic. Other training slides you might find interesting are at this thread http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=86 [attachment=1426:name]

Erik, In addition to training slides that Brad sent, on point 4, you can use the cx command which is a one-line plc and unlike cpx it won't wait for the move to finish before you can send another command. The only drawback is the move mode is always in rapid mode in cx commands, but if you're commanding different axis individually, then a rapid mode move should be sufficient. Regards,