OMRON Forums

Acc51 Lissajous plot

JeffLowe

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one for the ACC51E. [attachment=1425:name] For the ACC24E3 you have many alternatives. There are structures that have the ADC data in them that you can very easily plot since the plotting is so simple to setup. Also the motor setup has an encoder test page that will show you this automatically (just need the Jan release IDE which is coming soon)

[quote='bradp' pid='1195' dateline='1296061187'] Here is one for the ACC51E. For the ACC24E3 you have many alternatives. There are structures that have the ADC data in them that you can very easily plot since the plotting is so simple to setup. Also the motor setup has an encoder test page that will show you this automatically (just need the Jan release IDE which is coming soon) [/quote] Tomorrow might obviate the need, but how do I open a .dpc file in the IDE?

[quote='bradp' pid='1238' dateline='1296491149'] I thought this was two seperate topics. The .dpc is for Turbo Pmac and can not be used with PowerPmac. [/quote] How do I plot the lissajous of an Acc51 on a Power PMAC using the previous revision of the IDE? (The latest version is perhaps a bit too new for a system that is within a couple of weeks of final acceptance)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote='Sina' pid='1278' dateline='1296761066'] Jeff, You can use the Plot program under Tools menu to plot the Lissajous for ACC-51E encoder feedback. Just set it up based upon the following image: [/quote] Sina, We have a pretty nice Lissajous scope-mode program that we wrote ourselves and that we use with the Turbo PMAC and ACC-51E boards. See attached image. We have not yet modified the program to work with the Power PMAC. It is written in VB6 and my programmer has not been successful at interfacing from VB6 to the Power PMAC Comm Library. All that he needs is a GPASCII session, but he wasn't able to get it to work from VB6. I have the following suggestions as you develop the Lissajous support within the IDE: 1. Default to dot mode instead of line mode. When in line mode, if you move the axis fast, the lines zig-zag across the display. 2. Keep a buffer of N points to give the display persistence. Each refresh should hide the points which fell out of the buffer while showing the new points added to the buffer (or you can do a full refresh with bitmap paints if you prefer). With this sort of mode, as you move the encoder or jog the axis, you will get a nice circle of dots instead of zig-zag lines. When you stop moving, the dots will fade away until you are left with the dither of the encoder around the current position. 3. Display max and min signal strength values and allow them to be reset. 4. Scale the graph and signal level values in volts (or at least allow the option to switch between volts and A/D counts). E-mail me if you'd like more information. I can also have my programmer send you the source code and/or executable for your evaluation. Mike [attachment=261]

[quote='Sina' pid='1278' dateline='1296761066'] Jeff, You can use the Plot program under Tools menu to plot the Lissajous for ACC-51E encoder feedback. Just set it up based upon the following image: [/quote] Sina, We have a pretty nice Lissajous scope-mode program that we wrote ourselves and that we use with the Turbo PMAC and ACC-51E boards. See attached image. We have not yet modified the program to work with the Power PMAC. It is written in VB6 and my programmer has not been successful at interfacing from VB6 to the PMAC Comm Library. All that he needs is a GPASCII session, but he wasn't able to get it to work from VB6. I have the following suggestions as you develop the Lissajous support within the IDE: 1. Default to dot mode instead of line mode. When in line mode, if you move the axis fast, the lines zig-zag across the display. 2. Keep a buffer of N points to give the display persistence. Each refresh should hide the points which fell out of the buffer while showing the new points added to the buffer (or you can do a full refresh with bitmap paints if you prefer). With this sort of mode, as you move the encoder or jog the axis, you will get a nice circle of dots instead of zig-zag lines. When you stop moving, the dots will fade away until you are left with the dither of the encoder around the current position. 3. Display max and min signal strength values and allow them to be reset. 4. Scale the graph and signal level values in volts (or at least allow the option to switch between volts and A/D counts). E-mail me if you'd like more information. I can also have my programmer send you the source code and/or executable for your evaluation. Mike [attachment=261]

• 5 years later...

Of course with ACC51E you could have a lot of noise on the ADC. But usually a Lissajou with a small hole in the middle is a sign that the sine wave of the encoder was rather fast compared to the data gather sample time. reading the ADC when the motor is stationary is clearer for me to see ADC noise.

attached is an excel that you can use together with the SRM to calculate the filter

ECT Tracking Filter.zip