OMRON Forums

On-Line {axis}={constant}

gregaxisne.com

We seem to be having and issue with the On-Line {axis}={constant} command. Rather than using a program PSET, or writing directly to default Mx64 a customer wants to set his axis positions before hand using this method. When a x=0 command is issued in the terminal, all axes are set to zero instead of just the X-axis. Does this command imply that all other axes in the CS are = 0 is they are not entered?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please post your axis definitions in this coordinate system? Issuing x=0 should only set x=0 for the presently addressed coordinate system. It could be that you have some motors defined with an x-component in it, and possibly when you set x=0 you see multiple motors go to zero because all they had previously was an x-component that has now been reset. For example if you set: &1 #1->1000X #2->100X + 3000Y And then set X=10 you will see 1000 cts for motor 2 and 10000 cts for motor 1. Then, issuing x=0 will affect multiple axes, setting them all to zero, because all of the axes have only x-components currently that are now being reset. You may just be perceiving this effect as resetting all axes when it is possibly in fact not. But please post your axis definitions so we have a clearer picture of what is happening.

Hi Charles: These are the axis definitions: &1 #1->20000X #2->4000Y The customer has a UMAC system with FW1.945. I confirmed the findings with a macro test setup I have on my desk....also running FW1.945. There are no plc's running (I5=0), no kinematics buffer or calc's(I5150=0) and no motion programs present on my setup. Sending X=0 from latest PEWINPRO2 terminal sets both axes to 0, and an offset is placed into suggested m164 and m264. Sending Z=0 does the same thing even though there is no Z-Axis defined in the C.S. Best Regards, Greg

• 3 weeks later...