OMRON Forums

GeoBrick - USB

PeterS

I am trying to debug a PLC program I wrote for homing all axes connected to a 6-axis GeoBrick, which communicates over USB port to host PC. I am using latest version PEWIN32PRO2. As the built-in PCL debugger does not seem to work right, I am adding SEND"start home X-axis" statements in my PLC code to figure out where PCL program fails. When I run PLC program, these text strings are not displayed in the PEWIN terminal window. I tried all versions: SEND, SENDS, SENDP, SENDR, SENDA and none of them work. Does the SEND command not work when using USB port? Same with COMMAND (CMD) command. Which one do I use for USB port CMD, CMDS, CMDP, CMDR or CMDA.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The debugger is not helpful with PLC troubleshooting. It may work better with motion programs. The unsolicited response messages are not the best technique for that matter either. They are heavily dependent on computation and communication load, they are stacked in the host port and sent out as availability permits. That is if you have too many parameters in a watch window or too many windows open, they will not be accurate and you will lose some of them if not all. But If you do have to use them, SENDP is the correct command with USB. I would use P-variables as counters, to debug PLC sequencing (i.e. P1=P1+1). I suggest starting the PLC with homing only one motor, and making sure that works, then duplicating the code for the others. Make sure you only send the home command once! this is normally achieved by one or a combination of the following: - Disabling the PLC from within itself at the end of the routine - Using general purpose flags (P-variables) to latch the home command - Using Motor status bits (suggested M-Variables) to make sure the motor has homed, is in closed-loop (desired velocity zero), and in-position.

Richard, thank-you for quick reply. I already started doing what you suggested to debug my PLC program, but it still seems to hang-up. In my PLC program, is [b]CMD"#1$"[/b] correct? Or do I need to use [b]CMDP"#1$"[/b] to commuate brushless servo motor in GeoBrick?