OMRON Forums

PMAC-NC with UMAC and software panel

Hersoft

Hello, I'm fairly new to Delta tau so forgive me if my questions seems stupid. I'm in the process of converting my mill from a PMAC-PC (ISA) to the UMAC based Turbo PMAC. my config in the UMAC -box is as follows: -ACC-54-USB -PMAC Turbo -ACC-24E2A four ports -ACC-11E I/O -ACC-36E analog inputs (spare for now) -ACC-E1 this all in a 16 slot enclosure. I have another ACC24E2A four-port version and an ACC24E2A two port version on spare. - WSDI BPU-S5 for X, Y and spare - WSDI BLU-S1 for Z and spare. -Bell-Everman Lowboy 1060 on the X-Axis -Bell-Everman Lowboy 760 on the Y-Axis -NEAT/Parker slide with Servo on the Z-Axis Tuning was no problem, loop is tight and stable. Limit switches are working and installed, home switches are working but have to be installed yet (soon) I/O, I am able to manually switch-on/off ports on the ACC-11E via M-codes in the terminal window of PMAC-NC. I/O, I am able to detect input signals on the ACC-11E also. I have already succesfully setup the system for use with the latest version of PMAC-NC Pro2 I am running PMAC-NC Pro2 on a computer with the software control only. I am able to run g-code progs and the machine is executing them in a correct way. Axis set-up is correct. My questions are: - How do I implement the manual control of the spindle on/off (M7024) for the software control panel? I did try to insert it into the cntlpanel.plc but that did not work. - I would like to connect an manual pulse generator (handwheel) with A and B outputs. I understand from the forum that I could use my fourth ACC-24E2A Encoder input for this. Nice! but how? I probably also need to set-up an PLC for this, again how? as you probably have guessed I'm not a professional user but I have learned by doing (and making mistakes) and have come a long way since my first start with the PMAC-PC. Converting to the UMAC system was a big thing and I'm almost there now, just these extra little things to make it perfect. any comments would be higly appreciated! Regards, Otto.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is already in the spindle PLC created by the NC-Setup program when you selected the software control panel. It should have a red 'Spindle On' button. Yes you can use this channel for your hanwheel. The HANDLE_COUNT_M variable in the HANDLE.PLC needs to point to your processed handwheel counter.

[quote='steve.milici' pid='1128' dateline='1295460794'] This is already in the spindle PLC created by the NC-Setup program when you selected the software control panel. It should have a red 'Spindle On' button. Yes you can use this channel for your hanwheel. The HANDLE_COUNT_M variable in the HANDLE.PLC needs to point to your processed handwheel counter. [/quote] Hello Steve, thanks for your speedy reply. Hmm, I think my problem lies in the fact that I want to use ACC-11E output 1 to control my spindle on/off and I use M7024 for this. When I browsed through the Address.h file i saw that the spindle is normally controlled via M65 (open loop) and M85(closed loop). should I include the io810.h file for my definitions for the ACC-11E ? I need to do some work before the handwheel caqn be connected so I can not test this right now. When possible I will get back to the forum about this. Regards, Otto Hering.

Hello Steve, oke, the spindle setup is now working. From the software operator panel it is now possible to switch on/off the spindle and to select the direction. also from the m-codes this is now working correctly. for the hanwheel i still need to do some hardware work so this will take me a bit longer. thanks for your help, regards.

• 9 months later...