Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PMAC-NC with UMAC and software panel
Hersoft Offline

PMAC-NC with UMAC and software panel
Hello,

I'm fairly new to Delta tau so forgive me if my questions seems stupid.

I'm in the process of converting my mill from a PMAC-PC (ISA) to the UMAC based Turbo PMAC.
my config in the UMAC -box is as follows:

-ACC-54-USB
-PMAC Turbo
-ACC-24E2A four ports
-ACC-11E I/O
-ACC-36E analog inputs (spare for now)
-ACC-E1

this all in a 16 slot enclosure.
I have another ACC24E2A four-port version and an ACC24E2A two port version on spare.

- WSDI BPU-S5 for X, Y and spare
- WSDI BLU-S1 for Z and spare.

-Bell-Everman Lowboy 1060 on the X-Axis
-Bell-Everman Lowboy 760 on the Y-Axis
-NEAT/Parker slide with Servo on the Z-Axis

Tuning was no problem, loop is tight and stable.

Limit switches are working and installed, home switches are working but have to be installed yet (soon)

I/O, I am able to manually switch-on/off ports on the ACC-11E via M-codes in the terminal window of PMAC-NC.
I/O, I am able to detect input signals on the ACC-11E also.

I have already succesfully setup the system for use with the latest version of PMAC-NC Pro2
I am running PMAC-NC Pro2 on a computer with the software control only.
I am able to run g-code progs and the machine is executing them in a correct way.
Axis set-up is correct.

My questions are:

- How do I implement the manual control of the spindle on/off (M7024) for the software control panel?
I did try to insert it into the cntlpanel.plc but that did not work.

- I would like to connect an manual pulse generator (handwheel) with A and B outputs.
I understand from the forum that I could use my fourth ACC-24E2A Encoder input for this.
Nice! but how?
I probably also need to set-up an PLC for this, again how?

as you probably have guessed I'm not a professional user but I have learned by doing (and making mistakes) and
have come a long way since my first start with the PMAC-PC.

Converting to the UMAC system was a big thing and I'm almost there now, just these extra little things to make
it perfect.

any comments would be higly appreciated!

Regards, Otto.
01-19-2011 03:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
steve.milici Offline
Delta Tau Insider
Delta Tau Insider

RE: PMAC-NC with UMAC and software panel
This is already in the spindle PLC created by the NC-Setup program when you selected the software control panel. It should have a red 'Spindle On' button.

Yes you can use this channel for your hanwheel. The HANDLE_COUNT_M variable in the HANDLE.PLC needs to point to your processed handwheel counter.
01-19-2011 11:13 AM
Hersoft Offline

(01-19-2011 11:13 AM)steve.milici Wrote:  This is already in the spindle PLC created by the NC-Setup program when you selected the software control panel. It should have a red 'Spindle On' button.

Yes you can use this channel for your hanwheel. The HANDLE_COUNT_M variable in the HANDLE.PLC needs to point to your processed handwheel counter.

Hello Steve,

thanks for your speedy reply.

Hmm, I think my problem lies in the fact that I want to use ACC-11E output 1 to control my spindle on/off and I use M7024 for this.
When I browsed through the Address.h file i saw that the spindle is normally controlled via M65 (open loop) and M85(closed loop).

should I include the io810.h file for my definitions for the ACC-11E ?

I need to do some work before the handwheel caqn be connected so I can not test this right now. When possible I will get back to the forum about this.

Regards, Otto Hering.
01-20-2011 05:27 AM
Hersoft Offline

Hello Steve,

oke, the spindle setup is now working. From the software operator panel it is now possible to switch on/off the spindle and to select the direction.

also from the m-codes this is now working correctly.

for the hanwheel i still need to do some hardware work so this will take me a bit longer.

thanks for your help, regards.
01-21-2011 11:39 AM
cfordyce Offline

Otto,

I am putting together a CNC mill with similar components to yours. Would it be possible to contact you with some questions?

Thanks,

Casey
11-04-2011 02:35 PM