OMRON Forums

Questions about IDE

shansen

I have been using VS 2008 and VS 2010 for several years and there are a few questions that I have about Delta Tau's IDE: 1) Currently the code window does not seem to support intellisense for local variables, global variables, or library functions. Will this functionality be added in the future? 2) I am using the July 2010 release of Power PMAC Suite and I cannot get it to work properly in offline mode. Every time I attempt to type several letters in the editor, it freezes up for 30+ seconds. However, I do not experience this problem when I am connected to a Power PMAC. Is this a known issue? Do you have a "bug" reporter where I can send information about bugs I find within the IDE? 3) Is the Power PMAC Suite extensible via Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) / Unity / etc? Here is a little more context for the previous question: My company has developed a high speed graphing tool that utilizes the PMAC data gather buffer and provides analysis tools such as frequency domain representation, math analysis, and other custom functions that we use in the field with PMAC systems. This program is currently being adapted over to .NET 4.0 using WPF. Is there any way we could integrate this tool into our IDE's via MEF or some other plugin architecture? 4) Will Power PMAC Suite support auto indentation / auto brackets in the future? 5) Does or will the Power PMAC Suite support live "step-through" debugging using the Visual Studio debugger for non "time-critical" code? Regards, Steven

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to answer in-line. See --- for answers. [quote='shansen' pid='1031' dateline='1294539645'] I have been using VS 2008 and VS 2010 for several years and there are a few questions that I have about Delta Tau's IDE: 1) Currently the code window does not seem to support intellisense for local variables, global variables, or library functions. Will this functionality be added in the future? --- The IDE does have this feature. Question would be why it does not work on your system. Can you tell me a little about the OS. You mention below the July release. Did you also install Service Pack 2 and what firmware version do you have on the PPmac (issue date and vers commands in the terminal window) 2) I am using the July 2010 release of Power PMAC Suite and I cannot get it to work properly in offline mode. Every time I attempt to type several letters in the editor, it freezes up for 30+ seconds. However, I do not experience this problem when I am connected to a Power PMAC. Is this a known issue? Do you have a "bug" reporter where I can send information about bugs I find within the IDE? --- Under the IDE Help menu there is a bug reportng link. Again,my questions regarding this issue are the same as those to question #1. 3) Is the Power PMAC Suite extensible via Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) / Unity / etc? Here is a little more context for the previous question: My company has developed a high speed graphing tool that utilizes the PMAC data gather buffer and provides analysis tools such as frequency domain representation, math analysis, and other custom functions that we use in the field with PMAC systems. This program is currently being adapted over to .NET 4.0 using WPF. Is there any way we could integrate this tool into our IDE's via MEF or some other plugin architecture? --- The IDE is not designed as a tool for machine users. It is designed as a test and commissioning tool for those developing a PPmac controlled machine. We hope machine builders design their own HMI for their customers and technicians that contain specific screens dedicated to that machine using the terminology of their industry. We offer the IDE windows in a component library so those wishing to add windows from our IDE into their HMI can easily do so. We do not allow you to add windows to our IDE, although any program you develope could run simultaneous with our IDE since each SSH session is independent. 4) Will Power PMAC Suite support auto indentation / auto brackets in the future? --- Yes. Should be available in the July 2011 release. 5) Does or will the Power PMAC Suite support live "step-through" debugging using the Visual Studio debugger for non "time-critical" code? --- Yes, The January 2011 release (do Jan 15th) has this for C-code. Service packs in the next few months will expand this to script language. Regards, Steven [/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
--- The IDE does have this feature. Question would be why it does not work on your system. Can you tell me a little about the OS. You mention below the July release. Did you also install Service Pack 2 and what firmware version do you have on the PPmac (issue date and vers commands in the terminal window) Brad, I uninstalled the Power PMAC Suite (July 2010) and then did a complete reinstall of the IDE along with SP2. The intellisense shows defined structures in my global definitions.pmh file, but anytime I am editing a CPLC or CApp the intellisense does not include any defined structures or my global / local variable definitions. Here is the date and firmware version of my PPMac: date -> Jul 14 2010 vers -> 1.2.1.5

shansen, [quote]2) I am using the July 2010 release of Power PMAC Suite and I cannot get it to work properly in offline mode. Every time I attempt to type several letters in the editor, it freezes up for 30+ seconds. However, I do not experience this problem when I am connected to a Power PMAC.[/quote] For what it's worth, I have encountered this same problem (version 9/28/2010 1.1.2.45). I installed the IDE on another PC and did not have the problem. I have not yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling the IDE. I'm waiting for the next release of the IDE.

You are correct, This is the way it works now. C-files do not include user-variables as part of the intellisense. They only include C API functions. Script files, however, do include user defined variables. This was done by design but will need to be revisited in the future.

I agree and it is in the wish list. Between now and July 2011 we will be changing from the MS 2008 shell to the 2010 shell for the IDE. Intellisense is done differently in 2010 so we want to wait and not have to do the work twice. This means maybe the July 2011 release or Dec 2011 release will get this feature.

[quote='michaelthompson' pid='1165' dateline='1295877637'] shansen, [quote]2) I am using the July 2010 release of Power PMAC Suite and I cannot get it to work properly in offline mode. Every time I attempt to type several letters in the editor, it freezes up for 30+ seconds. However, I do not experience this problem when I am connected to a Power PMAC.[/quote] Check and see that mysql is running. I have had the same problem when mysql was not properly set up during the install - it may be related to other instances of mysql running for other programs.

[quote='DavisG' pid='1216' dateline='1296135589'] Check and see that mysql is running. I have had the same problem when mysql was not properly set up during the install - it may be related to other instances of mysql running for other programs. [/quote] I think you may be correct that this problem is related to MySQL. The machine where I had this problem had MySQL installed before I installed the IDE. It also gets a bunch of database errors within the IDE.