OMRON Forums

Basic questions

franz91

Hi there, I'm very new with Turbo PMAC. I searched in the documentation but I did not find the answer. What is the difference between a PLC program and a PLCC program? PCL acronym is for "Programmable Logic Controller"? And for PLCC? Can I put all PLC programs in the same file (pmc)? Can I name all PLC programs as I want? As you see there are a basic question! Best regards, franz91

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Frenz91, Please check [b]Turbo PMAC Users Manual[/b] for your answer. [url=http://www.deltatau.com/manuals/pdfs/TURBO%20PMAC%20USER%20MANUAL.pdf]LINK[/url] Answers to most of the questions can be found in this document. In your case look under section titled : [b]Compiled PLC Programs[/b] Regards,

I7m00 to I7m04 are clock controls in PMAC and unless you want to change your clock settings, they shouldn't be touched. I would strongly recommend using Turbo Setup in order to setup your system. If you want to change the clock settings, you also have to calculate the correct value for I10 which indicates the servo length for PMAC.

[quote='Sina' pid='956' dateline='1292606069'] I7m00 to I7m04 are clock controls in PMAC and unless you want to change your clock settings, they shouldn't be touched. I would strongly recommend using Turbo Setup in order to setup your system. If you want to change the clock settings, you also have to calculate the correct value for I10 which indicates the servo length for PMAC. [/quote] Attached is a short pdf describing the PMAC Frequency Calculator, which one can use to compute the new I10 needed given your other clock settings.

[quote='franz91' pid='961' dateline='1292922477'] Is this frequency determine the PLC and PLCC frequency execution? [/quote] PLC and PLCC scan rates cannot be precisely determined since PLCs 1 to 31 have the lowest computation priority on PMAC. These programs operate between servo cycles in the remaining background time so the repetition rate is a function of servo frequency, number and types of motors, calculation requirements of motion programs and length and complexity of PLC programs. If you need to monitor the scan rates you could place a simple counter in a background PLC and compare the incrementing value to the servo timer.

[quote='franz91' pid='965' dateline='1293035039'] How can I reset counter? $$$ can do it, but I search a command for only reset counter. Thanks. edit: OK, it looks like to be $$* [/quote] All PMACs have several important registers associated to each encoder channel thst are used for this purpose: a 24-bit raw counter position, a 24-bit capture/compare register and status/control register that includes a a count-write or count-reset control. For each activated motor, PMAC takes the position information in the 24-bit register pointed to by Ix03 and extends it in software to a 48-bit register that holds the actual motor position. These extended motor position registers are set to zero on power-up/reset (unless there is an absolute position sensor), and again at the end of a homing search move. The encoder position registers are only set to zero on power-up/reset in normal operation but could also be reset performing the following steps. Warning: the direct writing to the encoder registers with the associated motor enabled may result in a dangerous runaway condition. Before resetting any encoder register, DISABLE (KILL) the motor associated to it. PMAC(1) The addresses given are for channel #1. Non-Turbo: M101->X:$C001,0,24,S ; ENC1 24-bit counter position M103->X:$C003,0,24,S ; ENC1 capture/compare position register M110->X:$C000,10,1 ; ENC1 count-write enable control Turbo: M101->X:$78001,0,24,S ; ENC1 24-bit counter position M103->X:$78003,0,24,S ; ENC1 capture/compare position register M110->X:$78000,10,1 ; ENC1 count-write enable control The values of the M101 register cannot be changed directly. Instead, when the count-write is enabled with M110=1, any value written to M103 will be copied into the counter, where it can be viewed through M101. M110=1 ; Enable encoder register write M103=0 ; Values assigned to M103 will now be written to the counter; M118 will be reset M110=0 ; Disable encoder register write PMAC2 The addresses given are for Channel #1. Non-Turbo: M101->X:$C001,0,24,S ; ENC1 24-bit counter position M110->X:$C005,10,1 ; ENC1 Counter Reset Control (1=reset) Non-Turbo: M101->X:$78001,0,24,S ; ENC1 24-bit counter position M110->X:$78005,10,1 ; ENC1 Counter Reset Control (1=reset) M110=1 ; ENC1 Counter Reset; M101, M110 and M118 will be reset

[quote='franz91' pid='978' dateline='1293612714'] Thank you very much all for your explanations. One more question: I working with LabVIEW and PMAC2 Turbo with USB connection. How can I know with LabVIEW if USB was disconnect during runtime? [/quote] The PcommServerPro2 library has a function that will report when the USB/Ethernet communication has been interrupted.

I'm sure that a function exist but where? I use the Interop.PCOMMSERVERLib dll. In the "class" PmacDeviceClass, there is about 200 functions, but I didn't found a function's name that do that I want. Can you tell me the function's name that I need?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote='franz91' pid='981' dateline='1293786938'] I'm sure that a function exist but where? I use the Interop.PCOMMSERVERLib dll. In the "class" PmacDeviceClass, there is about 200 functions, but I didn't found a function's name that do that I want. Can you tell me the function's name that I need? [/quote] No idea?

Unplug notification is an event which is raised by the OS and duly captured by PcommServer. PcommServer has five types of common events: 1. Message Event 2. Error Event 3. ProgressEvent 4. Unsolicited message event 5. Interrupt event Unplug event is part of Error event and can be decoded by following identifier: MSG_ERR_USB_UNPLUGGED We have several examples in VB , C++ and C# illustating these events as part of Pcommserver library installation. I will try to put together a LabView VI to capture these event and post it soon. Farooq [quote='steve.milici' pid='980' dateline='1293730385'] [quote='franz91' pid='978' dateline='1293612714'] Thank you very much all for your explanations. One more question: I working with LabVIEW and PMAC2 Turbo with USB connection. How can I know with LabVIEW if USB was disconnect during runtime? [/quote] The PcommServerPro2 library has a function that will report when the USB/Ethernet communication has been interrupted. [/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote='franz91' pid='1163' dateline='1295860658'] [quote='fahmad' pid='1042' dateline='1294785713'] I will try to put together a LabView VI to capture these event and post it soon. [/quote] Hi, Have you tried to make a VI? Thank. [/quote] No clue?