OMRON Forums

Problem with USB communication to GeoBrick LV from virtual machine

wlewis

I am attempting to communicate to a GeoBrick LV via the USB interface from within a virtual machine. I am able to connect successfully when I run the GeoBrick LV Setup program, but when I go through a similar process in the PeWin32Pro2 Executive Suite, I am not able to connect to the device. In more detail, when I launch PeWin32Pro2, configured to ask me which PMAC to connect to, I get the normal PMAC Devices dialog box [attachment=1418:name] click on the Insert... button, and I get the dialog shown below. [attachment=1417:name] When I then select OK, I get returned to the PMAC Devices dialog box with no indication that the device has attached. I have tried selecting other PMAC numbers (e.g. PMAC 00, PMAC 01, PMAC 02 etc) with no success. I do not get any error message or other indication of failure. When I run the GeoBrickLVSetup application and go through the same process as above, I get the dialog boxes exactly as shown in the above screenshots, but when I select OK, I get the PMAC showing up as correctly connected. [attachment=1419:name] My configuration is as follows: Hardware: Macbook Pro late 2010 Host OS: Mac OS-X 10.6.5 VM: Virtual Box 3.2.12 Guest OS: Windows 7 Professional PComm Version: 4.2.11.0 PeWin32Pro2 Version: 4.2.11.0 Note that at this stage, I am running the trial version (unlicensed) of PeWin32Pro2. It appears that there is some difference in the way PeWin32Pro Executive Suite and the GeoBrickLVSetup software applications handle the connection to the PMAC. I would appreciate any advice on what I might be doing wrong, or other things that I can test. Thanks, Wayne

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Wayne, Yes you should have Admin rights. Also you must turn off the UAC (user access control). Google search "Disable UAC" for info on how to do this. If UAC is not disabled it will act just like you see, the USB is visible and available in device manager but will not get added to the PMAC list when you select. You say Ok and it just goes away with nothing done.