OMRON Forums

SendGetSends problem on CK3M

sdefisher

I found a problem people should be aware of. We are using a CK3M controller with a realtime C PLC. We stream data using a Send command in the RTI CPLC.

Using two Putty instances, I am able to boot into the CK3M and run "sendgetsends/sendgetsends -5" to begin receiving the data stream, and gpascii -2 to trigger my RTICPLC to Send.

If I close the "sendgetsends/sendgetsends-5" Putty window without stopping the RTICPLC send loop the "sendgetsends/sendgetsends-5" process will get stuck open on the CK3M. This means if I run a fresh "sendgetsends/sendgetsends-5" Putty window, the data is steaming erractically. And if you Putty in, and call "ps -aux" you can see two instances of "sendgetsends/sendgetsends -5" . If I kill the older process the newer "sendgetsends/sendgetsends -5" stream will pick back up and have data pumping correctly.

I don't recall this being an issue with our older Power PMACs. Also, the older PowerPMAC's only needed a "sendgetsends -5" to run, without the double name. Historically you can't even connect two instances of SendGetSends since it is supposed to lock the stream.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images