OMRON Forums

Macro Ring Error

luis.segalla

Hello

I'm using the Macro Ring to cummunicate between two Power Bricks. I've been able to stabilish communication and exchange information among them using the command:

macroauxiliaryread 0,Elem_X,Elem1_X

Where Elem_X is a slave variable attatched to the P90 register. Elem1_X is a master variable also attached to the P90 register, but in another PB.

The problem is that when issuing the command to read from the auxiliari PB e get the following error:

stdin:4:1: error #23: OUT OF RANGE NUMBER: macroauxiliaryread 0,Elem_X,P90

I found it weird that when calling directly the addres of the Elem_X variable I don't get this problem and can read the value.

The same happens to a variable called Elem_Z with addres P91.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Richard

I'm using the "MacroAuxiliaryRead" from the master PB. This problem is weird, as you can see from the figure below:

- When calling "MacroAuxiliaryRead" with "Elem_X" as slave PB variable I get the "OUT OF RANGE NUMBER" error.

- When calling "MacroAuxiliaryRead" with "P90", which is the addres of Elem_X at the slave PB, I get the reading, as shown.

It's not as big of a problem as I can pass the addres with no problem, but it's weird that this happens only with this specific variable.

macroauxiliaryRead.thumb.png.9ff901612238fc417f5aafc7fa38d6f3.png