OMRON Forums

Turbo pmac1 with mitsubishi MR-J2S-350A Problem

rajkumarattri

dear sir i am using turbo pmac-1 with 4 analog servo drives in cutting machine(mitsubishi mr-j2s-a drives) motor1-x1 motor2-x2 motor3-y motor4-c rotary axis x1 and x2 are gantry motors i am using acc-8dp for encoder wires input and analog output. what i am facing that in 1000 cycles it shows 20-30 pieces either small or big in x moving direction by +/- 1mm. i have used shielded twisted wires for encoder out from drive to acc-8dp. also used shielded twisted wires for anlog out from acc-8dp to drives. can anybody suggest what to do? also i have checked PE, i found it ok, if anybody want backup of pmac and drives i can provide it. regards rajkumar attri

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rajkumar, Can you check the suggested M-variable M118->X:$078000,18,1 (ENC1 Count-error flag) and see if you're getting encoder count errors? if this bit is set to 1, then we know the problem is the noise from either the motor/amplifier to ACC-8D or from ACC-8D to Turbo PMAC. Second question is how long is the cable from ACC-8D to Turbo PMAC and if it is shielded? Regards

general info that will apply to any control system regarding noise. Google search for document "gmc-rm001" http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsamplecode.rockwellautomation.com%2Fidc%2Fgroups%2Fliterature%2Fdocuments%2Frm%2Fgmc-rm001_-en-p.pdf&rct=j&q=gmc-rm001&ei=CRz5TMuUJ8qJnAeU6JSOCQ&usg=AFQjCNEWdjisRRG3hmiAoJqjtSsXcuCzDw&cad=rja

[quote='Sina' pid='890' dateline='1291392919'] Hi Rajkumar, Can you check the suggested M-variable M118->X:$078000,18,1 (ENC1 Count-error flag) and see if you're getting encoder count errors? if this bit is set to 1, then we know the problem is the noise from either the motor/amplifier to ACC-8D or from ACC-8D to Turbo PMAC. Second question is how long is the cable from ACC-8D to Turbo PMAC and if it is shielded? Regards [/quote]

Hi sina I have checked M118, M218, M318 and M418, Only M118 and M218 are 1 and if i put M118=0, again it sets it to M118=1 Also M318 and M418 are 0. so please suggest me what to do as 60 pin shielded cable will not be possible for me. whether i should reduce distance beween pmac and acc-8dp. please provide suggestions. regards rajkumar attri

dear I have reduced cable length to 600 mm. now M118 & M218 are 0. I am not findin problem so frequent, it has been reduced drastically but still in 8 hours 1 or pieces of odd size come in picture. please suggest me what more we can do. Or please provide me mail id of any concerned person from deltatau. regards rajkumar attri

Hi Rajkumar, It's good news that reducing the flat ribbon cable size has improved the system, and you're going in the right direction. Is it possible to check Mx18 for motors 1 through 4 every time you have a failure? Also, how much following error do you have on each axis and is it almost constant through out the motion? How much swing do you have in following error? You can always call our tech support hotline 818-717-5656. We are available 8:00AM to 5:00PM PST. Regards,

Hi Sina well problem has been reducesd also i have checked M118, M218,M318 & M418. All are 0 even when i am checking. Any other possibiltity that can cause this deviation. Still i am facing in 4 to 5 % rejection also i checked gantry system mechanically. That is pefectly fine with 0.02 mm backlash. Also i am looking that my work piece is reduced by 1to 1.5 in size. if u can confirm i will send my backup of pmac. regards rajkumar attri